Sun Sign: Leo
Also Known As: Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr.
Born in: San Mateo, California
Famous as: American Football Quarterback
Height: 1.93 m
Spouse/Ex-: Gisele Bündchen (m. 2009)
father: Thomas Brady Sr.
mother: Galynn Patricia (née Johnson)
U.S. State: California
Net worth: $180 million as of 2017
education: University of Michigan
awards: Super Bowl champion
Super Bowl MVP
2005 - Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Sporting News
2004 - Sportsman of the Year
2007 - Sportsman of the Year
2007 - AP Male Athlete of the Year
AFC Offensive Player of the Week (All-Time Record)
2007 - AP NFL Offensive Player of the Year
2010 - AP NFL Offensive Player of the Year
2007 - AFC Offensive Player of the Year
2010- 2011 - AFC Offensive Player of the Year
2009 - NFL Comeback Player of the Year
Tom Brady is an American National Football League quarterback who plays for the New England Patriots. He is the recipient of two NFL MVP awards, four super bowl MVP awards and five Super Bowl wins, which is a record in itself. After playing college football, he was drafted by the Patriots in the sixth round of the 2000 NFL Draft. In his 15 seasons as a starter, Brady has quarterbacked the Patriots to seven Super Bowl appearances, which is a record for any player in history. He got embroiled in the notorious ‘deflategate’ incident, after which he got suspended for the first four games of the 2016 NFL season. He went on to win Super Bowl LI and Super Bowl MVP that season. Playing as a quarterback, he has never lost a season and is widely considered as one of the all time superstars of American football history.
- Tom Brady was born in San Mateo, California as the fourth child of Thomas Brady Sr. and Galynn Patricia on 3rd August 1977 in a strictly religious household. He has three elder sisters and his parents are of European descent.His sisters used to play games every other Sunday and Tom caught an immense competitive spirit during those Sunday afternoon showdowns at Brady household. The siblings played basketball and football until the sunset and the sports environment at home played a massive role in shaping Tom as a champion footballer as an adult.He religiously followed the ‘San Francisco 49ers’ games as a child and was immensely influenced by the raw energy and the crowd cheering on display. He believes it as the defining moment that shaped up his psyche and moulded him to pursue a career in professional football.As a child, Tom was a hardcore fan of Joe Montana, a popular quarterback and has mentioned him as one of the most influential figures in his life. Brady attended a football camp where he was coached by Tony Graziani, who later turned out to be a famous quarterback as well.Brady graduated from the Junipero High School in 1995 and was highly inclined towards sports and athletics by then. He played basketball, football and baseball in school and exhibited a knack for learning which was necessary in the skill based games such as football.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:College Career
- Brady graduated from high school in 1995 and was by then a big name in the junior football leagues. He famously passed on the opportunities to play in the NFL over studying in the University of Michigan.Despite the fact that he used to be an extraordinary player in school, Brady stayed away from the football field for the most part of his first two years at college, studying hard. As a junior, he made a comeback to the sport and played for the college team as the starting quarterback.In that particular season, Brady managed 350 passes for 2636 yards and in the final season at college, he secured his team an Orange Bowl Victory. This feat secured his place into the big leagues and he kick-started his professional football career the next year.Professional Career
- Tom Brady began his professional NFL career in 2000 when he got drafted by the New England Patriots for the sixth round, where Tom served mostly as a backup and got to play only one game in the entire season. However, the second season was a whole different story altogether when he got the chance to play in place of the injured starting quarterback. Brady exhibited strength and speed and gave the first glimpse of what he was actually capable of as a quarterback.He emerged as a star by end of the season; he led his team to victory in 11 of the 14 games that he played as a starting quarterback. Post season, Brady led the team to a great victory over St. Louis Rams at the Super Bowl 36 and was honoured with the MVP of the game award.Brady did not wait long for his second MVP award, which came just two years later, when he secured his team a win against Carolina Panthers in the Super Bowl 38. The winning streak in the Super Bowl continued when Brady led Patriots to a magnificent victory over Philadelphia Eagles in 2004.Continue Reading BelowIn 2005, Brady was signed on by Patriots for six more years and for the whole next year’s season; their team had 12-4 victory record. The winning streak continued with some major victories in the NFL and Super Bowls.Brady faced a severe knee injury in the very first game of the 2008 season and was away from the field for a good two years. He underwent numerous surgeries and therapies and the rumours regarding the end of professional career started springing up.However, proving all the naysayers wrong, Brady made a solid comeback and signed a new contract with Patriots in 2010 and in the 2011, he helped his team to secure a place in that year’s Super Bowl. However, he could not meet his fan’s expectations and his team was defeated by Giants in a crucial match by 21-17.Brady was again in the news as he led his team to a tight match, which once seemed one-sided in favour of San Francisco 49ers. Brady almost turned the tables as he brought his team back from a 28 point deficit, but ultimately had to suffer a loss at 41-34.After the 2014 season, Brady faced the worst time of his professional career. After his team beat Indianapolis Colts in a crucial AFL Championship match, it was found that the ball was underinflated and Brady was accused of cheating. The whole incident got suppressed for some time, but it re-surfaced in May 2015. An enquiry found that that ball tempering took place in presence of Tom. As a result, Tom was suspended for the first four games of the 2015 season. In got relief in September that year, when a federal judge discarded the accusations stating that the suspension lacked legal grounds.Despite going through a rough time, Tom secured his team a spot in the Super Bowl 2016 and before the championship game, Tom told the reporters that for some emotional reasons related to his mother’s illness, he wanted to win the championship. Brady finally kept his words and led Patriots thrash Atlanta Falcons to a 34-28 win and this historic victory made him the very first quarterback in the long NFL history to secure five Super Bowl Rings.Personal Life
- Apart from being a football champion, Tom has also gained quite a remarkable female fan following thanks to his handsome looks. People Magazine chose him as one of the ’50 Most Beautiful People’ in 2002. He also donned the cap of a TV show host for ‘Saturday Night Live’ in 2005.He had a very long relationship with Bridget Moynahan, but they split up in 2006. Bridget gave birth to Tom’s child after their separation. Brady tied the marital knot with model Gisele Bundchen in 2009 and fathered a son in December in the same year and in 2012, Tom became a proud father to a girl.Tom Brady is great friends with American president Donald Trump and has stated that they are friends for more than 16 years. Tom lent his support to Donald Trump’s presidential election campaign and stood by Donald while he was at the receiving end of criticism.Trivia
- Tom Brady is a health fanatic and maintains that most of his diet contains fresh fruits and vegetables.Tom has some weird nicknames for his teammates. He calls them ‘Babes’.
How To CiteArticle Title- Tom Brady BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/tom-brady-4171.phpLast Updated- February 27, 2018
People Also Viewed