Sunny Sandler Biography
Sunny Madeline Sandler is an American child actress and the youngest daughter of actors Adam and Jackie Sandler. A native of California, Sunny is growing up in the entertainment industry with her father being one of the most popular comedians and actors of today. Following in her parents’ footsteps, she has become an actress. She made her screen debut in the 2010 release ‘Grown Ups’. This was also the first film she appeared in alongside her father. In the ensuing years, she acted in films, such as ‘Just Go With It’, ‘Jack and Jill’, ‘That’s My Boy’, ‘Grown Ups 2’, ‘Blended’, ‘Pixels’, and ‘The Do-Over’. Sunny debuted as a voice actress with the 2012 film ‘Hotel Transylvania’. She has also lent her voice to the film’s 2015 and 2018 sequels. In 2009, Sunny was nominated for the Teen Choice Award for Choice Celebrity Baby but lost it to Honor Marie Warren, the daughter of actress Jessica Alba and film producer Cash Warren.
- Sunny debuted on the big screen in Dennis Dugan’s comedy ‘Grown Ups’, portraying a character credited as Tardio’s Daughter. Besides her and Adam Sandler, the film also stars Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, Rob Schneider, and Salma Hayek. Her next role was in the 2011 romantic comedy ‘Just Go with It’. That year, she also made an appearance in ‘Jack and Jill’.
- She began 2012 by playing a small part in ‘That’s My Boy’. Later that year, she got the opportunity to lend her voice to additional characters in ‘Hotel Transylvania’. In 2013, she reprised her role in the second instalment of ‘Grown Ups’, called ‘Grown Ups 2’.
- Sunny played a character credited as the Wall Street Stepdaughter in the 2014 romantic comedy ‘Blended.’ It was the third film, after ‘The Wedding Singer’ and ‘50 First Dates’, in which Adam Sandler and actress Drew Barrymore worked together. While the film was critically panned, it was commercially successful.
- In 2015, she once more shared screen space with her father and Kevin James in ‘Pixels’. Directed by Chris Columbus, the fantasy/science fiction film revolves around aliens misinterpreting video feeds of classic arcade games as a declaration of war and attacking Earth using technology inspired by games such as Pac-Man, Space Invaders, Arkanoid, Galaga, Centipede and Donkey Kong. Despite receiving negative reviews from the critics, the film earned almost $250 million at the box office.
- Sunny lent her voice to Baby Dennis / Vampire Kid in the second instalment of ‘Hotel Transylvania’ (2015). Baby Dennis is the son of Johnny (Andy Samberg) and Mavis (Selena Gomez) and the grandson of Dracula (Sandler). Asher Blinkoff portrayed the five-year-old Dennis.
- Sunny played a small role in the 2015 Netflix film, ‘The Ridiculous 6’. As with many of Sandler’s recent films, it garnered poor reviews from the critics but was received well by the viewers. Sunny then appeared in yet another Netflix film, ‘The Do-Over’ (2016), portraying Lou’s daughter Daisy. Her older sister, Sadie, played Lou’s other daughter, Sally.
- In ‘Sandy Wexler’ (2017), Sunny was cast as Lola and in ‘The Week Of’ (2018), she played Eva. She was also involved in the third instalment of the Hotel Transylvania films, ‘Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation’ (2018).
- Sunny was born on November 2, 2008, in California, USA, to Adam Sandler and Jacqueline Samantha “Jackie” Sandler (née Titone). She has an older sister named Sadie Madison Sandler, who was born on May 6, 2006. Like Sunny, Sadie is active in Hollywood as a child actress.
- Her father, Adam Sandler, hails from a Jewish family. He is a descendant of Russian Jewish immigrants on both sides. After attending New York University's Tisch School of the Arts, he began his career on ‘The Cosby Show’ in 1987. Two years later, he made his cinematic debut in Valerie Breiman’s comedy film ‘Going Overboard’. In 1990, Sandler joined NBC’s late-night live television variety show ‘Saturday Night Live’. In the next five years, he played several memorable characters on the show, including Lucy Brown and the Canteen Boy. Sandler went on star in hit films like ‘Happy Gilmore’ (1996), ‘The Wedding Singer’ (1998), ‘Big Daddy’ (1999), ‘Punch-Drunk Love’ (2002), ‘Anger Management’ (2003), ‘50 First Dates’ (2004), ‘Spanglish’ (2004), ‘The Longest Yard’ (2005), ‘Click’ (2006), the Grown Ups films, and the Hotel Transylvania films. As a stand-up comedian, he has released several hit albums, including ‘They're All Gonna Laugh at You!’ (1993) and ‘What the Hell Happened to Me?’ (1996).
- Sunny’s mother, Jackie, debuted in one of Adam Sandler’s films, the 1999 comedy ‘Big Daddy’. Over the years, she has worked with Sandler on several other projects as well. In 2000, she converted to Judaism, the religion Sandler follows. They got married on June 22, 2003. The family presently resides in Los Angeles. The Sandlers have a second house in Highland Beach, Florida.
- In April 2017, Sandler told Ellen DeGeneres in an interview that his daughters do not like his PG-13 films. While they are curious about the films that have more mature themes, they are not allowed to watch them yet.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed