Maya Versano Biography
Maya Versano is the daughter of Israeli actress Gal Gadot, who is famous for playing DC’s iconic superhero 'Wonder Woman'. Her father Jaron Versano is a real estate developer and hotelier. Maya is the second child of her parents. She earned popularity even before she was born because Gal was shooting for 'Wonder Woman’ when she was pregnant with her. Therefore, media and 'Wonder Woman' fans were closely following the arrival of the former beauty queen’s youngest child. The photographs of the Versano sisters regularly feature on Gal and Jaron’s Instagram feed. In the social media posts of Maya’s parents, the family can often be seen enjoying happy moments in various cities across the world. Even though Maya is an American-born Israeli, she is of mixed heritage, with most of her ancestors being Jewish and European.
- Maya Versano was born on March 19, 2017, in Los Angeles, California. Gal announced her second pregnancy by posting a black and white picture on Instagram. She also posted a few photos with a baby bump. In the fifth month of her pregnancy, the 'Wonder Woman' star became busy reshooting for the DC movie.
- Maya’s elder sister Alma was born in 2011. Gal may always be in the spotlight, but she is very protective about her children, preferring to keep them away from the media glare. Even though she and her husband often post pictures of Maya and Alma on their Instagram pages, they either blur their faces or click the images from such an angel that the little girls are not visible. Gal almost never takes her children to public event. When Maya was a year old, an Instagram fan page published a picture of hers, enjoying a day out in Malibu with her parents and elder sister.
- Maya's parents share an exciting love story that can easily pass off as a plot of a romantic movie. They first met at a party in the Israeli desert where they were introduced to each other by mutual friends. The party was held at a yoga retreat where people were talking about chakras, spirituality and eating healthy. Gal and Jaron did not find the party interesting, and Instead enjoyed each other’s company.
- They have an age gap of 10 years, which did not concern them very much, and they began to date soon after. On their second date, Jaron told Gal that he would marry her two years later. He kept his word and the couple exchanged wedding vows on September 28, 2008 at the ‘David InterContinental' hotel in Tel Aviv. The venue was transformed into a New York City lounge on the occasion, and the guest list included celebrities from Israel and abroad.
- Maya Versano's mother Gal Gadot is not only a prolific actor and former 'Miss Israel', but she also served in the Israel Defence Force as a combat instructor for two years.
- Maya's maternal grandmother Irit worked as a teacher, while her grandfather Michael Gadot was an engineer. Her maternal great-grandfather was an Auschwitz concentration camp prisoner and one of the Holocaust survivors.
- Until 2015, her parents and her paternal uncle ran 'The Varsano Hotel' in Tel Aviv. Her father sold it to Russian investors for around $26 million. Gal played a crucial role in her husband's hotel business.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed