Recommended For You
Joey Essex is a renowned British actor who has worked in several famous television projects. He first shot to fame with his role in the 2nd and 3rd seasons of the series ‘The Only Way Is Essex’. Very soon he was seen in several reality shows such as ‘I’m a celebrity…Get me out of here!’ and others. Joey grabbed the attention of a lot of television viewers with his 2014 show ‘Educating Joey Essex’ which was aired on the channel ‘iTV2’. The popularity of the show prompted the makers to present a second season for the viewers. Like many other celebrities, he too has also been in the news for several link-ups. For instance, his affair with former ‘Miss Universe Great Britain’, Amy Willerton, was talked about quite a bit. Joey Essex and Amy courted for a while and as per Joey’s claim they even slept together. Joey’s childhood was scarred due to his mother’s suicide. It is amazing as to how he has bounced back strong from such a difficult phase of his life and achieved so much.
- Joey Essex was born on 29 July 1990 in Brentwood, England. He also has a sibling named Frankie. Very little is known about his parents, except for the fact that his mother, Tina, committed suicide when he was just 10 year old. Joey was told that his mother fell to her death, but in 2010, his sister, Frankie, apprised him of the truth.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Joey Essex first hogged the limelight in 2011, when he became a part of the popular semi-reality series ‘The Only Way Is Essex’ (TOWIE). He shared screen space with his cousin, Chloe Sims —a popular television personality—in this project.Although he essayed a supporting role in ‘Series 2’ of this project, he bagged a meatier role in the subsequent season. Thus, Joey Essex made people sit back and notice his talent.Joey Essex was also a part of the popular music video ‘Last Christmas’ along with the rest of the TOWIE ensemble. This video, which was released back in 2011, is slowly but steadily making waves on YouTube and has garnered over a million views.Apart from ‘TOWIE’, Joey Essex has acted in several other popular British television shows such as ‘Daybreak’, ‘8 out of 10 cats’, ‘Loose Women’, ‘This Morning’ and ‘The Xtra Factor’.In one of the episodes of the British game show ‘All Star Family Fortunes’, he represented ‘TOWIE’. His team was competing against the cast of ‘Benidorm’ – a British sitcom.During 2012-13, Joey Essex appeared on the comedy game show ‘Celebrity Juice’ eight times. In 2013, he became a part of another famous British television show, ‘Splash’, where celebrities indulged in diving. The same year, he was also seen in the 13th edition of ‘I’m a celebrity…Get me out of here!’Joey Essex secured the fourth place in the thirteenth season of ‘I’m a celebrity…Get me out of here!’ which lasted almost a month. The other celebrities who participated in this show were actress Lucy Pargeter, Kian Egan—a former member of the yesteryear band ‘Westlife’—and renowned fashion designer David Emanuel.Continue Reading BelowAnother prominent work of his was the advertisement for the mineral water brand ‘Volvic’. This 2013 commercial went on to become popular for Joey Essex’s imitation of the yesteryear classic ‘La Bamba’. His then girlfriend, Sam Feiers, was also seen in the commercial.While participating in the reality show I’m a celebrity…Get me out of here!’, it was rumoured that Joey Essex was seeing his co-contestant and former ‘Miss Universe Great Britain’, Amy Willerton.Joey Essex landed in a controversy during his participation in the show ‘Celebs Go Dating’ in 2016. As a participant, he was expected to go on dates with several women contestants, most of whom weren’t celebrities.Joey, yet again, made news for hooking up with his fellow contestant and renowned celeb, Stephanie Pratt. The duo apparently even went on dates together, which was a violation of the rules specified by the makers of the show. It is rumoured that Joey Essex will soon return for the second season of the show, provided he doesn’t break the norms.Joey Essex also grabbed everybody’s attention with his 2016 commercial for the food brand ‘Batchelors’.Major Works
- A television show titled ‘Educating Joey Essex’, revolving mainly around him, was first aired on the British channel ‘ITV2’ in 2014. Most portions of the show were filmed in South Africa. The show received a positive response and a second season was aired in mid-2016.Awards & Achievements
- In 2015, Joey Essex was crowned the winner of the second edition of the British television series ‘The Jump’, which was aired on ‘Channel 4’.Personal Life & Legacy
- Joey’s sister Frankie, is an actor too and had essayed a role in the 3rd season of ‘TOWIE’.Joey Essex started two initiatives in 2013, proving that there’s more to him than just his acting skills. One of these ventures was ‘Joey Essex: D’Reem Hair’, a range of products catering to different hair problems. The actor also opened a shop in the town of Brentwood, England, to sell these products.He launched two other products on September 12, 2013. These include an aftershave lotion called ‘Fusey’ and a perfume for women called ‘My Girl’.Trivia
- During a 2014 trip to South Africa, Joey Essex was apparently attacked by a monkey and was taken to the hospital immediately.Joey Essex claims that he’s a foodie and absolutely adores Chocolate Cheesecake and Chinese cuisine. He also revealed that ‘Nando’s’ is his favourite restaurant.
Pictures of Joey EssexPrevious NextImage Credithttp://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-only-way-is-essex/news/a784432/who-should-return-to-the-only-way-is-essex-according-to-the-current-cast/Image Credithttp://www.bootsonlinesaleus.com/Image Credithttp://www.reveal.co.uk/lifestyle/news/a448986/joey-essex-talks-about-splash-there-was-no-sex-ban.html
How To CiteArticle Title- Joey Essex BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/joey-essex-29738.phpLast Updated- January 23, 2017
People Also Viewed