Greyson Chance is an American, songwriter and singer. He was first noticed when he sang Lady Gaga’s ‘Paparazzi’ for his sixth grade talent show that went viral on You Tube. The Emmy award winning talk show host, Ellen DeGeneres was impressed by his performance and signed him up for her new record label ‘Eleveneleven’. He also signed for recording with ‘Interscope Records’ and turned professional by the age of 12. His debut single ‘Waiting Outside the Lines’ was released by iTunes in 2010. During this period, he also toured Paris and London and gave live performances. He released his second single called ‘Unfriend You’ in 2011, which was followed by his debut album ‘Hold On ‘Til the Night’. The video peaked at the 29th position on the US charts. He toured South East Asia and performed at the MTV-CCTV Mandarin Music Awards at Beijing. Greyson has been felicitated by a number of awards including the ‘Hollywood Teen TV Award’ for ‘Teen Pick You Tube Artist of the Year’, ‘Youth Rock Award’ for ‘Rocking New Artist of the Year’, ‘MTV-CCTV Mandarin Music Award’ for ‘Most Popular New International Artist’ and ‘Shorty Award’ for ‘Best Singer’. He is serious about his career and has remained single to concentrate on his work. Today he has his own official website and Twitter account with a large following on social media.
- Greyson Michael Chance was born on August 16, 1997 to Scott and Lisa Chance in Wichita Falls, Texas, USA. He has an older brother, Tanner and elder sister, Alexa, with whom he was brought up in Edmond, Oklahoma. His family is of mixed English, German and Bohemian ancestry.He studied in Cheyenne Middle School with his siblings. Greyson, being the youngest in the family, was influenced by his brother and sister, both of whom played music in school. He too started singing and playing the piano at the age of eight. To encourage his music talent, his mother put him through piano lessons for three years. However, he had no formal vocal training for singing.He was also greatly inspired by the music of Lady Gaga after seeing her perform at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards ceremony. He loved music and was a fan of Christina Aguilera, the Augustana Rock Band, Elton John and the late Beatle singer John Lennon.Chance was in the sixth grade when he first became a music sensation with his cover edition of ‘Paparazzi’ by Lady Gaga at his middle school talent show, which was aired on You Tube and went viral. His success motivated him to pursue a career in music.His music career took such a sudden boost at a young age that his parents had to take a call on how to go about their son’s future. Ultimately, they decided to give him their wholehearted support in his endeavour to further a career in music and studies took a back seat.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Chance was discovered on the You Tube by the Emmy award winning talk show host, Ellen DeGeneres and became the first artist to be signed up for her new record label ‘Eleveneleven’. Later, he was invited on her talk show, ‘Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show’ in 2003. This was a major landmark in his career at the age of six.By the age of 12, Chance had his own official website and Twitter account that generated a massive fan following. He also landed with a record deal with ‘Interscope Records’, run by Alex Wilhelm. By then he had turned professional.His debut single ‘Waiting Outside the Lines’ was released digitally by iTunes in October 2010. It contained a remix of Filipina and Charice as well as a studio version of Lady Gaga’s ‘Paparazzi’. During this period he toured Paris and London and gave live performances of his song in both cities. He also appeared on CBS’s Early Show and started his ‘Waiting 4U’ tour with Australian pop / R&B singer, Cody Simpson.In 2011, he released his second single called ‘Unfriend You’ on iTunes. The number was also premiered on the Ellen DeGeneres Show. This was followed by his debut album ‘Hold On ‘Til the Night’ in August the same year. The video included a cameo of the ‘Victorious’ star Ariana Grande and peaked at the 29th position on the US charts. He also toured South East Asia and performed at the MTV-CCTV Mandarin Music Awards at Beijing during this period.Chance took a liking to the East and again toured South East Asia to release his new EP, ‘Truth Be Told Part 1’ in 2012. His music was appreciated and he soon became a youth icon and darling of music lovers.In 2014, he performed at the Sundance Film Festival, where he sang his new song ‘Temptation’. This was the period during which he was working on his EP, ‘Somewhere Over My Head’ that was released in 2016. Prior to the release of his EP, he performed live at Los Angeles, Chicago and New York City. He also publicised the release of his EP through You Tube and Twitter.Today, he has established himself as a singer, songwriter and pianist of repute. Two of his original compositions, ‘Broken Hearts’ and ‘Stars’ have gained over six and four million views on YouTube respectively.Continue Reading BelowAs of June 2017, his net worth is over 2.4 million dollars.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- His maiden studio album ‘Hold On til the Night’ was released on August 2011 in CD as well as digital format. The album sold 16,000 copies in the first week itself.He later released two EPs, ‘Truth Be Told, Part 1’ and ‘Somewhere Over My Head’ in 2012 and 2016 respectively.Some of his hit singles are ‘Waiting Outside the Lines’, ‘Hit and Run’, ‘Thrilla in Manila’ and ‘Meridians’.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Awards & Achievements
- In 2010, Greyson Chance was awarded the ‘Hollywood Teen TV Award’ for ‘Teen Pick You Tube Artist of the Year’. The following year he won the ‘Youth Rock Award’ for ‘Rocking New Artist of the Year’.He went on to win the MTV-CCTV Mandarin Music Award for Most Popular New International Artist in 2012. His fan following increased with the ‘Shorty Award’ for ‘Best Singer’ and ‘Heat Tweets Award’ for ‘Most Dedicated Fan Army’ the next year.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Personal Life
- Greyson is known to be single. His popularity on You Tube makes him one of the most followed youngsters on the net.He has been friendly with Ali Simpson and Lauren Westphalen but has not had any serious relationship as yet.Trivia
- Chance is a Democrat and was a strong supporter of Hillary Clinton for the 2016 presidential elections.
How To CiteArticle Title- Greyson Chance BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/greyson-chance-15756.phpLast Updated- June 13, 2017
People Also Viewed