Han Hye-jin Biography
Han Hye-jin is a well-known South Korean film and television actress. She is best known for her award-winning performance in the drama serial ‘Be Strong Geum-soon’ where she appeared in the lead role of a young widow. She became a household name as the host of the reality show ‘Healing Camp, Aren’t You Happy’ and also appeared as a guest on a couple of episodes of the popular variety show ‘Running Man’. Her other television serials that are popular in Korea, Japan and China are ‘1% of Anything’, ‘Jumong’, ‘The Thorn Birds’ and ‘Doctor Crush’. She has also acted in a number of films that include Box Office hits like ‘No Mercy’, ‘Rise of the Guardians’ and ‘Man in Love’. She is married to the South Korean soccer star Ki Sung-yueng, who is much younger than her.
- Han Hye-jin was born on October 27, 1981 in Damyang County, South Jeolla Province, South Korea. She was brought up along with her sister by her parents.She completed her high school from Eunkwang Girl’s High School and went on to pursue a degree in Films from the Seoul Institute of Arts. Han was interested in dancing and acting from her childhood days. Her parents supported her ambition of becoming an actress.She has an older sister, Han Moo-young, who is married to actor Kim Kang-woo. During their courtship, Han Hye-jin came into close contact with a lot of known names from the entertainment industry.Continue Reading BelowYou May LikeRecommended Lists:
- Han Hye-jin made her acting debut with a short film ‘Magic Thumping’ in 2001. This was closely followed by her appearance in the movie ‘RU Ready’ the following year. She appeared on television in minor roles in the serials ‘Friends’, ‘Romance’, ‘I Love You Hyun-jung’ and ‘Inspector Park Mun-su’ on MBC network.She appeared in her first substantial role in the television romantic comedy serial ‘1% of Anything’ in 2001, where she played the role of Yoo Hyin-jin. She went on to concentrate on television for the next few years and appeared in serials like ‘Drama City Sweet 18’, ‘New Human Market’ and ‘The Age of Heroes’.Her big break on television came in the year 2005 when she was awarded the Top Excellence Award and the Korea Visual Arts Festival: Photogenic Award for her lead role as a young widow of 20 in the drama serial ‘Be Strong Geum-soon’ on MBC network.Her award-winning spree continued with her superb performance in the historical drama ‘Jumong’ where she appeared in the role of Lady Soseono. She was recognised by the Top Excellence Award at the 2006 MBC Drama Awards for her acting.For the next few years she continued to concentrate on her television appearances and acted in serials ‘Terroir’ and ‘Jejungwon’ on SBS network, where her lead roles received positive reviews from critiques and fans alike. This was followed by an award-winning performance in the serial ‘The Thorn Birds’ on KBS2 network in 2011.She returned to the big screen with her role as Min Seo-young in the crime thriller ‘No Mercy’. In 2012, she appeared in the movies ‘26 Years’ and ‘Rise of the Guardians’.Her latest movie is the romance drama ‘Man in Love’, where she plays a lead role with actor Hwang Jung-min.She hosted the variety show ‘Healing Camp, Aren’t You Happy’ from 2011 to 2013, for which she was awarded the Excellence Award in a Talk Show. She also appeared in the variety show ‘Running Man’ as a guest from 2013 to 2016. This brought her closer to her fans and greatly enhanced her ratings on social media.Lately she has performed in the medical dramas ‘Doctor Crush’ and ‘Syndrome’ where she has appeared in lead roles. She also plays the lead role in the television drama ‘One Warm World’ with co-stars Ji Jin-hee, Kim ji-soo and Ji Jin-hee.Continue Reading BelowMajor Works
- Han Hye-jin has appeared in the television serials ‘Friends’ (2002), ‘Inspector Park Mun-su’ (2002), ‘1% of Anything’ (2003), ‘Drama City Sweet 18’ (2003), ‘Be Strong Geum-soon’ (2005), ‘Jumong’ (2006 – 2007), ‘The Thorn Birds’ (2011), ‘Syndrome’ (2012), ‘One Warm Word’ (2013) and ‘Doctor Crush’ (2016).She hosted the variety show ‘Healing Camp, Aren’t You Happy’ and appeared as a guest on the variety show ‘Running Man’.She has acted in films ‘Magic Thumping’ (2001), ‘RU Ready?’ (2002), ‘Hi Dharma2: Showdown in Seoul’ (2004), ‘No Mercy’ (2010), `26 Years’ (2012), ‘Rise of the Guardians’ (2012) and ‘Man in Love’ (2014).Awards & Achievements
- She won the Best Actress Award at the 2004 KBS Drama Awards ceremony for her appearance in ‘You Are a Star’.She was awarded the Top Excellence Award (Actress) at the 2005 MBC Drama Awards and the 2005 Korea Visual Arts Festival: Photogenic Award (Drama Category) for her performance in ‘Be Strong Geum-soon’.Han won the Top Excellence Award (Actress) at the 2006 MBC Drama Awards for her performance in ‘Jumong’.Her contribution in ‘Jejungwon’ got her the Producers’ Award at the 2010 SBS Drama Awards.She was awarded the Popularity Award for her role in ‘The Thorn Birds’ at the 2011 KBS Drama Awards.For her performance on ‘Healing Camp’, she won multiple awards including the Excellence Award in a Talk Show at the SBS Entertainment Awards, Green Media Award at the Korean Womenlink Awards, 20’s Variety Star at the Mnet 20’s Choice Awards, and Best MC (Talk Show Category) at the SBS Entertainment Awards.Personal Life
- She was in a relationship with singer Naul from 2003 to 2012. However, they broke up and she went on to date soccer star Ki Sung-yueng, who is eight years younger than her.She married Ki Sung-yueng in July 2013. Her father died a year before the wedding and his place was taken by her father-in-law who walked her down the aisle. They are both Christians and the couple has one daughter, born in September 2015.Trivia
- She was married to her present husband after a two month long engagement. As per reports in social media, she is very close to her father in law who filled in the void left after the death of her father.She won the Korean International Jewellery & Watch Fair: Best Jewellery Lady in 2007.
How To CiteArticle Title- Han Hye-jin BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/han-hye-jin-34495.phpLast Updated- October 26, 2017
People Also Viewed