Gus Trikonis Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Kostas Tritchonis
Born in: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Famous as: Actor, Director
Spouse/Ex-: Barbara Andrews (deceased wife), Goldie Hawn (divorced)
siblings: Gina Trikonis (younger sister)
City: New York City
U.S. State: New Yorkers
education: City College
Gus Trikonis, born as Kostas Tritchonis, is an American actor and director. He is best known for appearing as Indio in the highly successful flick ‘West Side Story’. As a director, he made his debut with the flick ‘Five the Hard Way’ following it with the subtly silly soft-core ‘The Student Body’, the exploitation film ‘The Swinging Barmaids’ and the horror/adventure ‘Dance of the Dwarfs’. However, the hit comedy ‘Take This Job and Shove It’ was Trikonis' biggest mainstream success. Trikonis, who was one of the best young directors at one time, also directed several television shows. He directed episodes of many TV series including ‘Hercules: The Legendary Journeys’, ‘Baywatch’, ‘Quantum Leap’, ‘Burke's Law’, ‘Wiseguy’,’ ‘Hunter’, ‘Baywatch Nights’, ‘The Commish’, ‘The Flash ‘ and ‘The Twilight Zone’ to name a few. Outside of acting and directing, Gus Trikonis has made several oil paintings. The actor is not a social media person and thus is not active on any social networking website.
- Gus Trikonis started his career as an actor, appearing in the highly successful 1961 flick ‘West Side Story’ as Indio. He was then seen dancing with Grover Dale and Debbie Reynolds in the 1964 movie ‘The Unsinkable Molly Brown’. Two years later, Trikonis made his debut as a director by making the film ‘Five the Hard Way / The Sidehackers’. He then made the movies ‘Supercock’ and ‘The Swinging Barmaids’ in 1975. A year later, the American actor cum director directed the flicks ‘Nashville Girl’ and ‘The Student Body’.
- This was followed by his movie ‘Moonshine County Express’ in 1977 and ‘The Evil’ in 1978. Then after directing the flick ‘She's Dressed to Kill’, Trikonis made the movies ‘Elvis and the Beauty Queen’ and ‘Take This Job and Shove It’ in 1981.
- During the 1980s and 1990s, he mostly directed TV dramas. He directed episodes of TV series including ‘Hercules: The Legendary Journeys’, ‘Baywatch’, ‘Quantum Leap’, ‘Burke's Law’, ‘Wiseguy’,’ ‘Hunter’, ‘Baywatch Nights’, ‘The Flash’, ‘The Twilight Zone’, ‘Jack and Mike’, ‘Beauty and the Beast’, ‘The Commish’, ‘New York Undercover’ and ‘The Sentinel’, to name a few.
- Gus Trikonis was born as Kostas Tritchonis on November 21, 1937, in Manhattan, New York, USA. He has a younger sister named Gina who is an actress. He studied at City College in New York City for about two years.
- Talking about Trikonis’ love life, he was married to actress Goldie Hawn from 1969 to 1976. Through this marriage he became the son-in-law of Laura and Rut Hawn as well as a brother-in-law of Patti Hawn. Following his divorce, he went on to marry Barbara Andrews. The couple together had one son, Nicholas Trikonis. Barbara died in 2012, leaving Trikonis a widower.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed