Gaur Gopal Das Biography
Gaur Gopal Das is an Indian spiritual leader, motivational speaker, and lifestyle coach. Since 1996, he has been serving as a monk and a member of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON). A former electrical engineer, he had worked at Hewlett-Packard (HP) for a while. However, the job did not give him any satisfaction. Thus, he decided to give up his worldly desires and choose the path of spirituality and self-realization. A disciple of Radhanath Swami, Gaur Gopal Das is one of the rarest inspirational speakers from the country to have given lectures in the British parliament and Google’s head office. Over the years, he has travelled all around the globe to give motivational speeches and lectures on spirituality. A role model and an icon for millions of people, Gaur Gopal Das has inspired many young minds through his quotations, which include ‘Feed your faith and all your doubts shall starve to death’. He has also written several novels and books till date, such as ‘Checkmate,’ ‘Conquest,’ and ‘Revival,’ to name a few.
- In the year 1996, Das became a member of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON). Since then, he has been active in the field of spirituality and is continuously working towards the goal of self-realization under the guidance of his Guru Radhanath Swami.
- As a part of the ISKCON Chowpatty branch, Gaur Gopal Das has been giving lectures at companies and colleges in India and abroad. His seminars are based on topics like happiness, success, and relationships. He once delivered a speech on ‘The Monk Who Bought a Ferrari' at the multinational professional services firm Ernst & Young in London. He has also spoken at numerous TEDx events and has given lectures at numerous corporates like Barclays, Infosys, Bank of America, Macintosh, Ford, EY, etc.
- During his 2016 visit to London, Das gave a seminar at the British parliament. In 2017, he was a motivational speaker at the Project Management National Conference held in India. In June that month, he served as a speaker at the Third International Yoga Day conducted by Consulate General of India in Chicago. Das had been a keynote speaker along with Bollywood stars Shatrughan Sinha and Shammi Kapoor at the 'World Kidney Day' event at Ravindra Natya Mandir.
- Till date, Das has won several awards from multiple societies and organizations. In 2016, he received the Rotary International's Super Achiever Award for his outstanding contribution in the field of spirituality. He was once awarded the 'Danveer Karna Award' by KIIT University for his selfless contributions to encourage the ideologies of 'Art of Giving'. His show won the title of Best Spiritual/Motivational Show on the Web by IWM Digital Awards 2018.
- Gaur Gopal Das was born on 24 December 1973, in Maharashtra, India. He has a sister. He has done electrical engineering from College Of Engineering, Pune. In 2009, his father died after suffering from Parkinson's disease. In one of Das’ videos, he told his followers that he did not speak to his father for two years because of some differences in opinion. However, on his mother’s insistence, he began talking to him again. After becoming a monk, he always wanted to say sorry to him but his ego didn’t let him do so. Since then, Das has been teaching others to apologize for their mistakes and also to forgive people.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed