Francis Greco Biography
Francis Greco is a Canadian businessman and investment banker and the ex-husband of Hollywood actress Lauren Holly. Coming from a family of bankers and chartered accountants, he started his career as a financial advisor and rose up the ranks quickly. While not much is known about his early career, he served as the Managing Director of Sagent Advisors for two years from April 2011 to April 2013. He then joined Koch Industries in Wichita, Kansas Area as a Managing Director in October 2013, and has been serving in that position ever since. Since his ex-wife Holly came forward to describe her unfortunate encounter with sexual harassment accused producer Harvey Weinstein in October 2017 in the wake of the 'Me Too' movement, there has been renewed interest in his past relationship with her.
- Francis Greco was born in Canada in the year 1968. His father was a successful businessman, while his mother was a professional chartered accountant. He is the second child of his parents. He was raised in a famous Italian Catholic family. A brilliant kid, he wanted to follow in his parents' footsteps and pursue a career in finance. After completing his school graduation, he enrolled into Yale University in 1988 and completed his Bachelor's degree in Economics and Political Science from there in 1992. He also received gold medal in Economics. Two years later, he attended York University and earned an MBA in Accounting and Finance the following year. After completing his studies, he began his career as a financial advisor.
- Francis Greco, who had a quite life as a banker prior to meeting his future wife, actress Lauren Holly, became exposed to the glamour industry and earned a lot of media attention after they first met in 1999. This was not helped by the fact that Holly had recently come out of a short marriage with Hollywood actor, Jim Carrey, followed by a much publicized split in 1997. Also, prior to her marriage to Carrey, which lasted only for 10 months, she was married to Mexican-Italian actor Danny Quinn, the son of Academy Award winner actor Anthony Quinn, for a couple years between 1991 and 1993. Thanks to all these, there have been immense interest in the media about Holly's relationship with Greco.
- In 1999, Francis Greco was set up for a blind date with actress Lauren Holly. He initially didn’t think much of the date as he thought that the event was a function of typical “spoiled and temperamental” actresses. For the record, Holly was previously married to Hollywood actors Jim Carrey and Danny Quinn for short spells. However, they immediately built up a rapport, which his wife later credited to "a Holly trait" of constantly pulling each other's legs. He often reminded her that she is five years older than him, which she hated. The two got engaged 11 months following their first date and eventually got married on March 10, 2001 in Toronto, Canada, after two years of dating.
- At the time, he was 37 years old, while his bride was 42. Later that year, they moved into a six-bedroom home in suburban Chicago, where they raised their three children; sons Henry, George, and Alexander Joseph Greco – whom she calls her three 'kings'. Holly, who was saddened by the fact that there were kids without home, together with her husband decided to adopt the three boys, among whom Henry and George are biological brothers. Alexander was named after Holly's late brother, Alexander Innes Holly, who was killed in a fire on April 10, 1992, at the age of 14.
- It has been reported that Greco, who never like the Hollywood way of life, chose to settle down in Chicago to stay away from the spotlight. Holly also wanted a quiet family life following her marriage and to take a break from acting. She became a fulltime mother of their three adopted kids, while his busy schedule kept him away and traveling most of the time. The couple moved to Toronto in 2008, following which she took Canadian citizenship and decided to revive her acting career working in the Canadian entertainment industry. Their oldest child Alexander followed in his mother's footsteps and began appearing in movies as a child artist in the early 2010s. However, Greco and Holly gradually grew apart due to their vastly different professional lives and finally got divorced in 2014, even though they have not publicly stated the reason for their split. Following the divorce, the three kids stay with their mother and visit their father occasionally.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed