Lauren Holly Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Lauren Michael Holly
Born Country: United States
Born in: Bristol, Pennsylvania, USA
Famous as: Actress
father: Grant Holly
mother: Michael Ann Holly
children: Alexander Joseph Greco, George Greco, Henry Greco
U.S. State: Pennsylvania
education: Geneva High School, Sarah Lawrence College
Lauren Holly is a well-known American-Canadian actress best known for playing Deputy Sheriff Maxine Stewart in the TV series ‘Picket Fences’, Dr. Betty Rogers in the Canadian drama ‘Motive’ and Jenny Shepard in the series ‘NCIS’. Besides these, she is known for her movie roles in ‘Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story’, ‘Dumb and Dumber’, ‘Beautiful Girls’, ‘What Women Want’ and ‘Any Given Sunday’. Holly has also done notable work in television dramas ‘Chicago Hope’ and ‘The Adventures of Chuck & Friends’ as well as in television movies ‘A Country Wedding’, ‘My Summer Prince’, ‘Call Me Mrs. Miracle’, ‘Before You Say I Do’, ‘King of Texas’ and ‘Dangerous Heart’. Holly’s contribution to the American and Canadian entertainment industry has won her many prestigious awards till date. The actress got a ‘Viewers for Quality Television Award’ for her performance in ‘Picket Fences.’ Also, she has been nominated for Screen Actors Guild Awards, Daytime Emmy Awards and Satellite Awards from time to time.
- Lauren Holly started her career in acting in 1984 when she appeared in two episodes of ‘Hill Street Blues’. She then appeared in the movies ‘Seven Minutes in Heaven’ and ‘Band of the Hand’. After this, the actress got featured in the drama series ‘All My Children’. Then in 1990, she did the television movie ‘Archie: To Riverdale and Back Again’ as well as the film ‘The Adventures of Ford Fairlane’.
- Two years later, Holly was cast as Maxine Stewart in the drama ‘Picket Fences’. She then acted in the flick ‘Dumb and Dumber’. From 1996 to 1998, the gorgeous star did a number of movies including ‘Beautiful Girls’, ‘Down Periscope’, ‘Turbulence’, ‘A Smile Like Yours’ and ‘No Looking Back’. She then played a role in the drama ‘Chicago Hope’ and the film ‘Any Given Sunday’.
- In the ensuing years Holly appeared in several television movies like ‘Jackie, Ethel, Joan: The Women of Camelot’, ‘King of Texas’, ‘Living with the Dead’, ‘Just Desserts’ and ‘Caught in the Act’. In 2005, Lauren Holly joined the cast of ‘NCIS’ as Director Jenny Shepard. A year later, she landed movie roles in ‘Fatwa’, ‘The Pleasure Drivers’ and ‘Raising Flagg’.
- After this, she had a voice role in the TV series ‘The Adventures of Chuck & Friends’. Then from 2013 to 2016, the actress played the role of ‘Betty Rogers’ in the drama ‘Motive’. She also did the flick ‘Field of Lost Shoes’ as well as the Hallmark movies ‘A Country Wedding’ and ‘My Summer Prince’ during that time.
- Lauren Holly was born as Lauren Michael Holly on October 28, 1963, in Bristol, Pennsylvania, USA, to parents Michael Ann Holly and Grant Holly. She has two brothers named Nick and Alexander Innes Holly. The actress attended Geneva High School and later on received her undergraduate degree in English from the Sarah Lawrence College.
- Holly has been married thrice so far; her first marriage was with Danny Quinn, second with Jim Carrey and third with Francis Greco. After separating from each of her partners, Holly is currently leading a single life. The American-Canadian actress also has three children from her past relationships.
Lauren Holly Movies
1. Dumb and Dumber (1994)
2. Beautiful Girls (1996)
(Drama, Comedy, Romance)
3. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (1993)
(Drama, Action, Biography, Romance)
4. The Chumscrubber (2005)
5. Any Given Sunday (1999)
6. Entropy (1999)
(Romance, Drama, Comedy)
7. What Women Want (2000)
(Fantasy, Romance, Comedy)
8. Sabrina (1995)
|1995||Best Kiss||Dumb and Dumber (1994)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed