Elisabeth Hasselbeck Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Also Known As: Elisabeth DelPadre Hasselbeck
Born in: Cranston
Famous as: Talk Show Host
Spouse/Ex-: Tim Hasselbeck
father: Kenneth Filarski
mother: Elizabeth DelPadre
siblings: Kenny Filarski
children: Grace Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Isaiah Timothy Hasselbeck, Taylor Thomas Hasselbeck
U.S. State: Rhode Island
education: 1999 - Boston College, St. Mary Academy – Bay View
awards: Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show Host
Elisabeth Hasselbeck is an American television personality who made a career as a talk show host and reality show contestant. Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s career was not expected to go the way that it went since she had initially graduated in fine arts and then went on to work for Puma—a German multi-national company, however, her career took a different turn when she appeared in a reality show in which contestants had to survive in tasks across several stages. The show changed her career as she then came to be regarded as someone who could be successful as a television host and after being a judge in a beauty pageant, she hosted the show ‘The Look for Less’. Hasselbeck then went on to co-host the talk show ‘The View’ which brought her into the limelight. She was a feisty host who was known for her conservative views and often created heated debates with guests on several topics. Hasselbeck became a well-known name in the talk show category and the show became popular, although her views did not always endear her to the audience. Later on she hosted the morning show on Fox News but ‘The View’ is the show with which she is most indelibly associated.
- Elisabeth DelPadre Filarski (Hasselbeck post marriage) was born in the city of Cranston in Rhode Island, United States on 28 May 1977 to Kenneth Filarski and Elizabeth DelPadre. Her father was an architect while her mother worked as a lawyer as well as a teacher.
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck grew up in the ways of a Roman Catholic and studied at the St. Mary School in her hometown of Cranston. Later on she studied at the St. Mary Academy – Bay View located in East Providence and graduated in 1995.
- She went to Boston College and was involved in plenty of extracurricular activities. She was the captain of the softball team at the college and also won a major championship. She graduated in fine arts in the year 1999.
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck had starting working for the company Puma a year prior to graduating in fine arts. After working for three years in the company, she got the opportunity to appear in the 2001 edition of ‘Survivor: The Australian Outback’. She performed well on the show and came fourth. In the same year, Hasselbeck featured as one of the judges at the Miss Teen USA event.
- In 2002, Elisabeth Hasselbeck got to host her own show when the producers of the show ‘The Look for Less’ on Style Network decided to cast her. Hasselbeck worked on the show for a year and helped the viewers in finding great bargains for quality clothes.
- When the producers of the talk show ‘The View’ were looking for a co-host for the show in 2003, Elisabeth Hasselbeck auditioned for the job and was selected. She worked as one of the hosts on the show for close to ten years and was usually associated with the conservative view.
- During the years as a co-host of ‘The View’ Elisabeth Hasselbeck got into plenty of heated debates on several topics like abortion, ‘morning after pill’ and the Iraq War. However, the show was popular and the hosts also got plaudits from most quarters despite the heated debates.
- After a period of intense speculation regarding her perceived unpopularity among viewers, Elisabeth Hasselbeck co-hosted ‘The View’ for the last time on 10 July 2013 and joined the panel of the show ‘Fox & Friends’, a morning programme on Fox News.
- On December 22, 2015, Hasselbeck quit ‘Fox & Friends’ in order to spend more time with her family. The viewership of the show had gone up after Hasselbeck joined.
- The most important work in Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s television is her almost decade long stint as a co-host of the talk show ‘The View’ and her combative debating style became one of the high points of the show.
- In 2009, Elisabeth Hasselbeck won the award for Outstanding Talk Show Host along with the three other hosts of ‘The View’ at the 36th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards.
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck had been in a relationship with former American football player Tim Hasselbeck since they were in college together and they got married on 6 July 2002. They have three children - a daughter named Grace Elisabeth and two sons named Taylor Thomas and Isaiah Timothy.
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck suffers from celiac disease and has even written a book to create awareness regarding the disease. The book is titled ‘The G-Free Diet: A Gluten Free Survival Guide’.
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck has an estimated net worth of $12 million.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed