Donielle Hansley Biography
Donielle Hansley, better known as Little Dee Dee or Dee Dee Handley, is a famous American hip-hop dancer. He has gained fame as the most favored backup dancer of the rapper MattyB’s dance group. He gained more prominence after he participated in the dance reality, ‘Dance Kids ATL.’ In addition to this, he has participated in several other major reality shows including ‘ABDC Season 5 Dancer,’ ‘America’s Got Talent,’ and ‘So You Think You Can Dance.’ He was also awarded the ‘dancer of the year’ at the 2014 ‘Annual Clean Music Movement Awards.’ Donielle has also worked as a voice-over artist in animated series, ‘The Amazing World of Gumball.’ With numerous stage performances and reality shows, Donielle has created a huge name for himself in the field of performing arts.
- Donielle was born on March 4, 2004, in Richmond, Virginia. At the age of four, Donielle’s family moved to Atlanta, Georgia. The family later traveled to Los Angeles, California. Donielle’s mother, Felicia, is a homemaker while his father is an R&B singer. He has three siblings; his elder sister’s name is Aneecia.
- There is not much information about his educational qualifications or his family background.
- Donielle is born dancer and gained a lot of popularity at such a young age. Without any professional training in any kind of dance form, the little Donielle managed to win a local dance competition. Things changed all of a sudden when his mother posted his dance videos on YouTube; viewers were amazed to see an untrained kid competing with some highly professional dancers. Slowly, Donielle became very popular. Thereafter, his parents enrolled him at a professional dance school which further polished his skills. Donielle’s breakthrough came in 2013 when he participated in the dance reality, ‘Dance Kids ATL,’ which was aired on TLC. By the end of the show, little Donielle emerged as the show’s most favorite and the most adored dancer.
- After ‘Dance Kids ATL’ there was no looking back for Donielle. He participated in almost all well-known dance reality shows and the world got a new star in the field of hip-hop dancing. He later signed a contract with the popular rapper MattyB and became one of the backup dancers in the latter’s dance group.
- By the time he reached his teenage, Donielle had already worked with many world-famous artists like Mindless Behaviour, Jacob Latimore, OMG Girlz, T-Pain, and B.O.B. He also shared the stage with Jungle Booggie.
- Donielle made his acting debut with the 2010 film, ‘Lottery Ticket’ starring alongside Ice Cube and Bow Wow. He has also worked with director Tyler Perry in his television series, ‘If Loving You Is Wrong’ where he appeared in the main role of Frank. He has voiced the lead character from the Nickelodeon animation, ‘Bubble Guppies.’ Donielle has also lent his voice to the famous character, ‘Darwin Watterson’ from the popular British-American animated television series, ‘The Amazing World of Gumball.’ He was, however, replaced by Christian J. Simon in the sixth season of the series.
- Donielle owes his accomplishments to his mentors, Adrian Eaton, Mike Peele, Kiki Ely, Jeremy Strong, Jasmine Singh, and Antonio Madison. Other than hip-hop, he has trained in many dance forms like funk, ballet, contemporary, bone breaking, African dance, and jazz. At such a young age, Donielle has graced many international dance stages.
- He has been a part of MattyB’s international tour and also choreographed for ‘Auburn Dance Festival.’ He has performed live at ‘Jazz Festival Dancer.’ Donielle has hosted the ‘Bailey Agency Kids Model Fashion Show’ and has opened for the ‘Clean Music Movement Awards.’ In 2016, Donielle appeared in ten episodes of the series, ‘Containment.’ He also hosted the event, ‘Lip Sync Battle Shorties.’ Donielle will be seen in the film, ‘Honey 4,’ which will hit the theatres in April 2018.
- Donielle will soon launch his clothing line under the name, ‘Young, Eager, and Hungry -Y.E.A.H.’
How To Cite
People Also Viewed