Debby Clarke Belichik Biography
Nick Name: Debby
Born in: Nashville, Tennessee
Famous as: Bill Belichick's Ex-Wife
Height: 1.73 m
Spouse/Ex-: Bill Belichick (m. 1977 – div. 2006)
children: Amanda Belichick, Brian Belichick, Stephen Belichick
U.S. State: Tennessee
City: Nashville, Tennessee
Debby Clarke Belichick is an American businesswoman. She is the former wife of William Stephen Belichick, the current head coach of the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL). A native of Maryland, Debby grew up not far from Belichick and they were high school sweethearts. She was by his side as he graduated from Annapolis High School and enrolled at Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts, and eventually graduated from Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut. They were dating in the early days of his coaching career. In 1977, they exchanged wedding vows. Two years later, Belichick landed an assistant coaching job in NFL, serving directly under head coach Ray Perkins of the New York Giants. In 1991, he was made the head coach of the Cleveland Browns and in 2000, was hired for his current gig at the New England Patriots. In 2006, Debby and Belichick parted ways following a messy divorce that involved allegations of infidelity against Belichick. Since then, Debby has established herself as a successful businesswoman.
- Debby Clarke was reportedly born sometime in 1955 in Maryland. No information is available on her family and upbringing. It is known that she and Belichick were high school sweethearts and that he attended Annapolis High School. However, it is unclear whether she attended the same school or not.
- Debby and Belichick had been in a relationship since they were teenagers. He is originally from Nashville, Tennessee and was raised in Annapolis, Maryland. As a youth, he played both football and lacrosse. In his postgraduate year, he studied at Phillips Academy in order to better his grades. In 1975, he received a bachelor’s degree in economics from Wesleyan University.
- Debby and Belichick were in a serious relationship when he began his coaching career in 1975. His first job in NFL was an assistant coach to the head coach Ted Marchibroda of the Baltimore Colts. A year later, he was hired by Detroit Lions. In 1977, Debby and Belichick tied the knot. On the professional front, Belichick took up the duties of coaching tight ends and wide receivers that year. The following season, he joined the Denver Broncos. He subsequently served at the New York Giants as an assistant coach under coach Ray Perkins from 1979 to 1990. As a head coach, he has served at Cleveland Browns (1991-95), New England Patriots (1996), and New York Jets (1997-99), before returning to the Patriots in 2000. He has been with them since and has led them to six NFL Super Bowl Championship wins (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLIX, LI, and LIII). He has been selected as the AP NFL Coach of the Year thrice (2003, 2007, and 2010).
- Debby and Belichick have three children together, daughter Amanda, and sons Stephen and Brian. Like her father, Amanda has played lacrosse in high school and college and attended Wesleyan University. In July 2015, she became the head women's lacrosse coach at Holy Cross College in Massachusetts. Stephen presently serves as the safeties coach under his father at the Patriots. In 2016, Brian joined the Patriots' front office as a scouting assistant.
- According to reports, Debby and Belichick parted ways before the 2004 season. However, the Patriots made the news public only in July 2005. He allegedly had an affair with the former New York Giants receptionist Sharon Shenocca, who was estranged from her husband Vincent Shenocca at the time. He was accused of not only showering Shenocca with expensive gifts but also purchasing her a four-bedroom Park Slope townhouse for $2.2 million. These allegations eventually triggered the divorce proceedings, and it was finalised in 2006.
- Since the divorce, Belichick has been dating Linda Holliday of Jupiter, Florida.
- In recent years, Debby and one of her friends have launched The Art of Tile & Stone, which, according to ‘The Boston Herald,’ is “a new tile store in Wellesley that offers everything from design to installation of new stone”. She is very active on Facebook, where she regularly posts photographs of tiles and stones and updates on her business.
- ‘The Boston Globe’ also reported that Debby and Belichick bought a $4.6 million lot in Nantucket in 2007. She presently resides in Massachusetts.
- While they were still married, Debby and Belichick set up a charity organization that raised money for the homeless and needy in Cleveland, Ohio, and Massachusetts. In one of her recent social media posts, she mentioned a marathon organised by the Bill Belichick Foundation and stated about herself that “This girl keeps life moving in a positive way!”
How To Cite
People Also Viewed