Sun Sign: Scorpio
Born in: Brighton, United Kingdom
Famous as: Singer-songwriter
City: Brighton, England
Conor Maynard is a singer and songwriter from England who became famous after winning the ‘Brand New for 2012’ award. His debut single ‘Can’t Say No’ brought him a lot of fame and recognition as a talented singer. He has performed at a number of places in Europe and has become famous as the second singing sensation after the Canadian singer, Justin Bieber. He has toured the US also and has made quite a name for himself in that country. His singing talent began to be noticed after he started uploading his singing videos on popular video sharing channel, YouTube. He uploaded his very first video in May 2006. Thereafter, he uploaded cover versions of songs in association with rapper and friend, Anthony "Anth" Melo. Soon, he caught the attention of American singer-songwriter Ne-Yo, who watched a cover version of his track "Beautiful Monster", sung by Maynard. Ne-Yo was so impressed that he contacted the musician and became Maynard's mentor.
- Conor Paul Maynard was born Conor Paul Maynard in Brighton, England on November 21, 1992. His father is a builder named Gary Maynard and his mother is an office worker named Helen Maynard.He has a younger brother, Jack and two younger sisters, Anna and Sophie. He attended the ‘Cardinal Newman Catholic School’ on Hove.Both his parents were fond of Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson which exposed Conor to music and helped him to take up a career in singing.He started singing from a very early age but got serious about it only at the age of 15.When he was young he took piano lessons but soon gave up because he got bored by sitting still and having to learn the various scales.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- On May 19, 2006, Conor Maynard started his own YouTube channel and uploaded his first video in which he sang the song ‘Breathe’ sung earlier by another English musician, Lee Carr.He appeared in a television series ‘Dream Team’ in the role of Casper Rose, broadcast by ‘Sky 1’ in 2006.From 2009 to 2011, Conor in collaboration with Anthony ‘Anth’ Melo, a rapper and a close friend, uploaded a large number of covers for songs sung by other artistes such as ‘Only Girl In the World’ sung by Rihanna and ‘Dynamite’ sung by Taio Cruz.In November 2011, Conor was nominated and participated in a contest for the ‘Brand New for 2012’ award conducted by MTV in which he competed against other talented singers such as Lana Del Ray, Delilah, Liane La Havas and Michael Kiwanka.His cover for the song ‘Beautiful Monster’ impressed the American singer and songwriter, Ne-Yo and he took Conor under his guidance and helped him sign up with the ‘Parlophone and Turn First Management’ which was a subsidiary of ‘Electric and Musical Industries’ also known as ‘EMI Records’ or ‘EMI Music’ in 2011.In January 31, 2012 he won the ‘Brand New for 2012’ contest when almost 48 per cent of the listeners voted for him.The joint collaboration of the CEO of ‘Turn First’ named Sarah Stennett, songwriter Sophie Stern and producer ‘The Invisible Men’ helped Conor c with his first single album ‘Can’t Say No’ in the United Kingdom on April 16, 2012.By April, 2012 more than 74,000 copies of this music video was sold and by September 2012 the music video had been viewed by more than fourteen million people.With the launch of his first single, Conor Maynard became quite famous and popular throughout the entertainment industry. By this time he had already started working on his debut studio album titled ‘Contrast’.Continue Reading BelowAs a prelude to this album, he released an album track titled ‘Drowning’ on May 1, 2012 which he offered as a free download to all those who pre-ordered a copy of his forthcoming studio album ‘Contrast’.He sang ‘Can’t Say No’ at the ‘7th Annual Edition’ of the ‘TRL Awards’ on May 5, 2012 in Italy and at the ‘Capital Summertime Ball’ on June 9, 2012 in front of an audience of more than 80,000 people.Conor came out with his second single titled ‘Vegas Girl’ on July 21, 2012 in the United Kingdom which achieved the fourth position on the ‘UK Singles Chart’.On July 30, 2012 Maynard released his highly anticipated studio album ‘Contrast’ which saw almost 17,000 copies being sold in the very first week of its launch. He worked with other singers like Justin Bieber, Rita Ora, Ne-Yo and others to make this album.On August 11, 2012 the album ranked at the top of the ‘UK Album Chart’.During this period he released his third single titled ‘Turn Around’ based Ne-Yo which attained the number 8 position in the ‘UK Singles Chart’.Conor Maynard revealed in June 2013 that he was writing a book for his fans titled ‘Take Off’, which would help them understand how he became famous. The book released in October 2013.On August 25, Conor released his next single on the radio titled ‘R U Crazy’ produced by ‘Labrinth’ and its music video on August 27, 2013.In March 2014, Conor worked with other pop stars such as Pixie Lot, Emma Bunton, Kimberley Walsh, Eliza Doolittle and Melanie C to produce the ‘World Cup 2014’ in England which was a track titled ‘Greatest Day’ which was recorded at the Sam Studios in London and produced by Gary Barlow.Continue Reading BelowThe track had been performed earlier by a British band named ‘Take That’ and featured famous English football players like Peter Shilton, Gary Linekar, Geoff Hurst, Michael Owen, Glenn Hoddle, David Seaman and Dion Dublin among others.Conor released hi next single titled ‘Talking About’ on March 1, 2015 which was the first single to miss the top forty and could get the forty-fourth position on the ‘UK Singles Chart’.In April 2015, he released his third single titled ‘Royalty’ which is from his second album that was scheduled to be released in 2016.Conor was featured in Marcus Butler’s single ‘I’m Famous’ that released on January 22, 2016.On May 13, 2016, Conor performed along with Becky Hill at the ‘Summer Ball’ held in Hertfordshire, England.He announced the release of a few covers such as ‘One Dance’, ‘Stitches’, ‘Hello’ and ‘Pillowtalk’ on the YouTube in July 2016 which was from the album ‘This Is My Version’ released on August 5, 2016.Maynard has also participated in writing a dance track produced by DJ Antone which is titled ‘Dancing in the Headlights’. He has also written a track titled ‘Catch Me Here’ performed by Bassline Smith and Drumsound.He released his next single titled ‘Are You sure’ on December 23, 2016 in collaboration with Kris Kross Amsterdam.He is busy at present working on his second studio album with ‘Labrinth’ and Travie McCoy.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- In October 2013 Conor Maynard published his book ‘Take Off’ which described how he became famous.Awards & Achievements
- Conor Maynard won his first award, ‘Brand New for 2012 Award’ in 2012 conducted by MTV by beating an array of well known and established singers.Personal Life & Legacy
- Conor Maynard started dating at the age of 13 but was mostly unsuccessful in carrying on any relationship for long.He grew up in Brighton with his younger brother and sisters and was attracted to music from a very early age.Trivia
- Conor Maynard has been compared by many with the Canadian singer, Justin Bieber as both had gained fame and popularity though the YouTube.
How To CiteArticle Title- Conor Maynard BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/conor-maynard-15961.phpLast Updated- February 21, 2017
People Also Viewed