Carlos Slim Domit Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Born in: Mexico
Famous as: Businessman, Son of Carlos Slim Helu
Spouse/Ex-: María Elena Torruco
father: Carlos Slim
mother: Soumaya Domit Gemayel
siblings: Johanna Slim Domit, Marco Antonio Slim Domit, Patrick Slim Domit, Soumaya Slim Domit, Vanessa Slim Domit
children: Carlos Slim Torruco, Emiliano Slim Torruco
education: Universidad Anáhuac México
Carlos Slim Domit is a Mexican businessman and the eldest son of business magnate, engineer, investor and philanthropist Carlos Slim Helú, who was the richest person in the world from 2010 to 2013 according to the 'Forbes' business magazine. While Carlos Slim Domit shares the responsibility of running his father's business empire with his brothers Marco Antonio and Patrick, he alone serves as the Chairman of Grupo Carso, one of the biggest conglomerates in the world through which his father invested in a huge number of Mexican companies. He is also the Chairman of Grupo Sanborns, America Movil, Teléfonos de México, US Commercial Corp. and Promotora Musical. He was the Co-Chairman of the Information, Communication and Technology Committee Task Force of the B20 Group in 2012, and served as the Co-Chair of the World Economic Forum in Latin America in 2015.
- As the eldest son of Carlos Slim Helú, Carlos Slim Domit followed in his father's footsteps by gradually taking more and more responsibility in managing his businesses. In 1990, he became a Director of Grupo Sanborns, and then became a Director at Teléfonos de México in 1995. Two years later, in 1997, he became the Chairman of the Board of Grupo Sanborns. He went on to become a Director of Grupo Televisa in April 2004 and was named the Chairman at Teléfonos de México in May 2004. He became the Co-Chairman of Teléfonos de México on September 21, 2006, and the following year, became the Chairman of Telmex Internacional. He has been a Director of America Movil since April 27, 2011. He has served as the head of at least 10 different companies and is currently managing a large number of businesses.
- Carlos Slim Domit was the President, Chief Executive Officer and Related Chief of a main directorate of Sanborn Hermanos and served as the President of Teléfonos de México and Carso Global Telecom. He previously served as the Co-Chairman of America Movil and currently serves as its Chairman at Compañía Dominicana de Teléfonos. He served as the Chairman of Sears Roebuck de Mexico and CompUSA, Inc., and the Director of Grupo Condumex, Phillip Morris Mexico, and Sears Roebuck de Mexico. He is the President and Managing Director of Grupo Sanborns; the Director of Telmex Internacional; the Chairman of Telmex, U.S. Commercial Corp, Grupo Sanborns and Promotora Sanborns. He is also the Co-Chairman of Telmex USA, L.L.C. and the Vice Chairman of Carso Global Telecom and America Telecom. He serves as a Director of Carso Global Telecom and América Telecom, and is also a Director of United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce and the President of the Council of Administration.
- It is a well-known fact that Carlos Slim Domit's role as the chairman of Grupo Sanborns, a large chain of physical and digital retail stores including restaurants, retail, pharmacy and department stores, puts him in a position of power in Latin America's retail music industry. However, what is little known is that he used to be a DJ at an Acapulco dance club during his earlier years. On the occasion of his marriage in 2010, he served as a DJ on a 40-minute set and danced to Pepe Aguilar's 'Un Privilegio', which was a gift from a good friend.
- Carlos Slim Domit was born on February 28, 1967 in Mexico City, Mexico. He is the eldest of six children of Carlos Slim Helú and Soumaya Domit Gemayel, and has brothers, Patrick and Marco Antonio, and sisters, Soumaya, Vanessa and Johanna. His father is a business mogul who serves as the CEO of Telmex, América Móvil, and Grupo Carso, and holds shares in numerous Mexican companies. His mother, who died in 1999, was a philanthropist. He was educated at Universidad Anáhuac, from where he received his degree in Business Administration in 2004.
- Carlos Slim Domit met his future wife, María Elena Torruco, during a car race in 2000. There is a 16 year age gap between them. They had an on-and-off relationship for almost a decade before he decided to surprise her with a ring hidden within a cake while celebrating his 43rd birthday in 2010. The two were formally engaged within a few days at a family reunion. They finally got married on October 9, 2010 at a ceremony officiated by Onésimo Cepeda, bishop of Ecatepec at the Parish of San Agustín, in Polanco. The wedding was attended by renowned guests from different fields, including Alejandro Benítez, Juan Domingo Beckmann, Emiliano Salinas, Ludwika Paleta, Guadalupe Loaeza, Joaquín López Dóriga, Sofia Aspe, and Miguel Alemán. Their eldest child, son Carlos, was born in September 2011. They welcomed another son, Emiliano, in February 2013, and daughter Mariel in 2015. Most recently, María Elena gave birth to their fourth child in the summer of 2018.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed