Camila Alves Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Camila Alves McConaughey
Born Country: Brazil
Born in: Itambacuri, Minas Gerais
Famous as: Model
Spouse/Ex-: Matthew McConaughey (m. 2012)
children: Levi Alves McConaughey, Livingston Alves McConaughey, Vida Alves McConaughey
Camila Alves is a Brazilian-American model and designer best known for her Muxo handbag line. She is also recognized as the wife of American actor Matthew McConaughey. Till date, she has modeled for many renowned brands and companies including Macy's. Born to a farmer father and artist mother in Brazil, she moved to the US as a teenager. In her initial years there, Alves did a number of odd jobs, from being a waitress to working as a house-cleaner. She eventually became fluent in English and embarked on a modeling career. An inspirational personality, she believes in embracing oneself and doing whatever one can to look and feel good. She doesn’t believe in blindly following fashion trends. According to her, she gets inspiration from the women she meets in her routine life and how they express their individuality. The fashionista also believes that the most important thing in this world is to have a peaceful life. Besides being a model, Alves also co-owns an organic food company called Yummy Spoonfuls.
- At the age of 19, Camila Alves moved to New York from Brazil to pursue a career as a fashion model. There, along with her mother, she launched her Muxo line of handbags. In 2010, the Brazilian-American beauty served as the host of the 3rd season of the reality TV series ‘Shear Genius’. Two years later, she was signed by Macy's as the new face of their line "I.N.C. International Concepts".
- Alves launched her website ‘Women of Today’ in 2016. This website serves as a hub for her social media activities and also hosts a blog based on lifestyle, healthy living, art and snippets from Alves’ personal and professional life. Also in 2016, the fashion designer launched a product line for toddlers and babies in her organic food company, Yummy Spoonfuls. That year, she hosted the 1st season of Food Network’s ‘Kids BBQ Championship’ alongside Eddie Jackson.
- Camila Alves was born on January 28, 1982 in Itambacuri, Minas Gerais, Brazil. She immigrated to the USA as a teenager and eventually became a naturalized citizen.
- She met her future husband Matthew McConaughey in the year 2006. The couple got engaged on Christmas in 2011 and was married in June 2012 in Austin, Texas. Their first two kids, son Levi and daughter Vida, were born before their marriage. Their third child, son Livingston, was born on December 28, 2012.
- Information regarding Alves’ education, parents, and their occupations is not available. She loves to dance. She likes to eat chocolate and ice-cream. She also often eats steak and French fries. Alves is an avid shopper and likes buying vintage items. She hates exercising and loves being curvy. She shares a great friendship with her daughter and likes the idea of being her best friend.
- As a child, she never wanted to get married and used to say the same to her parents!
How To Cite
People Also Viewed