Blaine Cameron Johnson, better known as “Cadet,” was an English rapper and record producer. He was the younger cousin of popular British rapper Krept. He first came to be known for his association with Krept and Konan’s ‘Gipset’ crew in 2006. Two years later, he released first commercial mixtape, `Are you Ready.’ Years later, he started pursuing his solo career and released his freestyle `Slut,’ which went on to receive millions of views. He released his first extended play (EP), `The Commitment,’ in 2016. It was released as a digital download. A year later, he released his second EP, `The Commitment 2,’ which was also released as a digital download. He passed away at the early age of 28, in February 2019, when his cab collided with another vehicle, while Cadet was on his way to ‘Keele University,’ where he had a late-night show booked.
- Cadet initially became known for his association with the rappers Krept and Konan’s ‘Gipset’ crew. He often appeared in music videos for the group’s freestyles. In April 2008, he released his first commercial mixtape, `Are you Ready.’
- As the crew continued their freestyles about gang life and living in London, their popularity increased, especially on social media. ‘Gipset’ eventually had to break up in 2013, after Krept and Konan signed their major label deal while the other members decided to focus on their solo careers.
- Cadet soon began pursuing his solo career, and in 2015, he released his first freestyle, `Slut,’ which gained immense popularity. It received millions of views. The following year, Cadet released his debut EP, `The Commitment,’ which had features from Donae`o, Konan, and Tis Rome. It was released as a digital download.
- The EP featured Cadet describing stories from his life but also claiming he was no story-teller. He further added that they were not any made-up stories that were re-laid for the listener’s entertainment.
- The same year, he also released `Letter to Krept,’ for which he received immense recognition. The song featured him communicating with his cousin about a misunderstanding. Their story and the principal events that led to the distance between them were elaborated in the song. Krept then released `Letter to Cadet,’ where he shared his side of his story.
- The following year, Cadet released his second EP, `The Commitment 2,’ which was also released as a digital download.
- In 2018, he released several singles, such as `Closure,’ Advice,’ `Pumpy,’ and `Trendy.’
- Cadet had a fatal accident on February 9, 2019, on his route to ‘Keele University,’ where he was scheduled to perform. He was declared dead at the scene of the accident itself, while the others, including his friends, were severely injured. The accident was a result of his cab colliding with another vehicle.
- Krept stated that he was heartbroken and devastated. He also announced that a tribute would take place the following day, in Hyde Park, London.
- Cadet was born as Blaine Cameron Johnson, on March 2, 1990, in Clapham, England. Not much is known about his parents, educational background, or childhood, though it is known that he grew up with his cousin, Krept.
- He had converted to Islam at the age of 15.
- He did not reveal anything about his dating life and was possibly single.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed