Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Avan Tudor Jogia, Wild hair
Born in: Vancouver, Canada
Famous as: Actor
City: Vancouver, Canada
education: Killarney Secondary School, King George Secondary School
Avan Jogia is a Canadian actor who has continuously made waves for his roles in several movies and television projects. Unlike many people, he took the bold decision of discontinuing his studies at the age of 16 to pursue a career in acting. Avan Jogia was inspired by the acting skills of several veterans like the legendary Ben Kingsley since a young age and this is why he opted for a career in acting. After a short struggle, he made his debut through the television film ‘A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story’, where he played the sibling of the protagonist. Since then, Avan Jogia has not looked back and has been steadily reaching new heights. He has essayed important roles in several movies and television shows, which have brought him a lot of acclaim. He has also frequently been a subject of gossip, mainly for his love life.
- Avan Jogia was born on 9 February 1992 in British Columbia, Canada, to parents of Gujarati, English, German and Welsh ancestry. He also has a younger sibling, Ketan Jogia.He was raised in British Columbia and pursued his primary education at the ‘Killarney Secondary School’. However, he dropped out of studies after his 10th grade to focus on acting. Some sources claim that he was taught at home from 5th to 8th grade.At the age of 17, Avan Jogia moved to Los Angeles for a period of six months to try his luck in movies. He had decided that on failing to bag any opportunity, he would return to Canada.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Avan Jogia made his debut in 2006 with the television film, ‘A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story’, which was more of a biopic based on the life of a transgender American teenager. He played the brother of Gwen Araujo, the lead character.He was seen in two television projects in 2007, namely ‘Aliens in America’ and ‘Devil’s Diary’. While ‘Aliens in America’ backed by the television network ‘The CW’, was a sitcom, ‘Devil’s Diary’ was a horror drama.Avan Jogia was signed for ‘Gym Teacher: the Movie’, produced by the ‘Nickelodeon Entertainment’. He shared screen space along with acclaimed actor Christopher Meloni, known for his role in the television series ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’. The next year, he was seen in ‘Spectacular!’ another film produced by the same channel.He managed to secure a prominent role in the American sitcom ‘Victorious’, which was aired on ‘Nickelodeon’ between 2010 and 2013. The ensemble included several other famous contemporaries such as Ariana Grande and Elizabeth Gillies.The year 2010 saw the release of two of Avan Jogia’s flicks namely ‘Finding Hope Now’ and ‘Triple Dog’. His portrayal of the character Santos Delgado in the crime drama ‘Finding Hope Now’ earned him a lot of praise.He essayed the role of Danny Desai, in the 2012 series ‘Twisted’. The famous tabloid ‘Hollywood Reporter’ praised his portrayal of the character of a juvenile murderer.He was a part of the acclaimed flick ‘ I Am Michael’ which premiered at the ‘2015 Sundance Film Festival’, making many people sit back and notice his talent. His other co-stars in this film were James Franco and Emma Roberts. The same year, his film, ‘Ten Thousand Spirits’ also released.Continue Reading BelowIn 2016, he worked on two other flicks, namely ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ and ‘The Year Of Spectacular Men’. He also worked on a web-series titled ‘Last Teenagers Of The Apocalypse’ at around the same time.According to sources, Avan Jogia has also been selected for the comedy film ‘The Outskirts’. It is believed that he will be paired opposite actress Victoria Justice in this film.Another piece of news making the rounds on the internet is that Avan Jogia is playing a pivotal role in the flick ‘Paper Year’, in which he will be seen along with actress Eve Hewson.Major Works
- To his surprise, Avan Jogia was chosen for a role in ‘Tut’, a miniseries which also starred the legendary actor Ben Kingsley. He considered Kingsley his idol and being a part of the same ensemble as the veteran was a great moment for the young actor. He had played the legendary Pharaoh Tutankhamun in this series, which was aired in 2015 on ‘Spike’ television network.Personal Life & Legacy
- It is believed that he started seeing renowned actress Zoey Deutch in 2011 and the couple is still very much together. She is known for her roles in flicks like ‘Dirty Grandpa’ and ‘Beautiful Creatures’.He is one of the founders of an initiative called ‘Straight But Not Narrow’ which is an attempt to bridge the gap between straight people and folks of the LGBT community. He collaborated with another popular actor, Josh Hutcherson for this initiative.If sources on the internet are to be believed, Avan Jogia’s earnings are estimated to be around $1 Million, which speaks a lot about his successful acting career.Trivia
- Avan Jogia apparently enjoys watching soccer and is an ardent supporter of the English football club ‘Arsenal’.He is also quite fond of tattoos and has got several parts of his body inked.
How To CiteArticle Title- Avan Jogia BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/avan-jogia-15117.phpLast Updated- January 31, 2017
People Also Viewed