Atticus Mitchell Biography
Atticus Mitchell is a budding Canadian actor and musician, best known as the quirky vampire-hunting nerd ‘Benny Weir’ in the TV film ‘My Babysitter’s a Vampire’ and the series of the same name. He also plays the drums for a local band called ‘The Fishwives’ that performs in Toronto. He made his debut appearance with the recurring role of ‘Carlos Martinelli’ in the ‘YTV’ serial ‘How to Be Indie.’ He has acted in a number of TV serials that include prime-time shows such as ‘Radio Rebel,’ ‘Hard Rock Medical,’ and ‘Young Drunk Punk.’ He has also appeared in the movies ‘The Colony,’ ‘Bunks,’ and ‘Stonewall.’ He was nominated for a ‘Gemini Award’ and a ‘Canadian Screen Award’ for his performances in ‘My Babysitter’s a Vampire’ and ‘Young Drunk Punk,’ respectively. Atticus is active on social media and has a large fan following on both ‘Twitter’ and ‘Instagram.’ He is a youth icon in Canada and has the potential to grow in the entertainment industry. His is currently single and has not shown any indication of a serious relationship.
- Atticus Dean Mitchell was born on May 16, 1993, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. His father was a small-time theater artist. Thus, Atticus and his siblings were exposed to show business from a young age. They appeared on stage at the ‘Stratford Festival’ in their hometown. He has a sister named Clarissa Mitchell, who grew up to be an actor. He also has an elder brother who is a musician.
- Atticus Mitchell completed his high school from the ‘Malvern Collegiate Institute’ in Toronto and wanted to join ‘Ryerson University’ in Toronto, for public research after his graduation. However, having been addicted to acting from the tender age of 16, he soon decided to make it a full-time occupation.
- Atticus Mitchell made his professional acting debut in the year 2009, with the recurring role of a cyber bully, ‘Carlos Martinelli,’ in the French–Canadian serial ‘How to Be Indie.’ The ‘YTV’ series was made for a teenage audience.
- This was followed by a star performance in the Canadian horror TV film ‘My Babysitter’s a Vampire,’ in 2010, and the series of the same name, in 2011. Atticus played the role of a quirky vampire-hunting nerd, ‘Benny Weir,’ in the movie, alongside stars such as Vanessa Morgan and Matthew Knight. His performance was appreciated by his fans, and he was subsequently nominated for a ‘Gemini Award’ for his work in the film. He also appeared in the TV serial called ‘Living in Your Car,’ in 2010, which received positive reviews.
- This was soon followed by his appearance in the 2012 ‘Disney’ teen drama ‘Radio Rebel,’ which was based on the novel ‘Shrinking Violet.’ He appeared as ‘Gabe,’ a wannabe rockstar, in the TV film. He also made a guest appearance in two episodes of the Canadian medical drama ‘Hard Rock Medical,’ co-created and co-written by Smith Corindia, in 2013. Soon, he was a known name in the Canadian entertainment industry and had a growing fan following of all ages.
- During this period, he played the role of ‘Graydon’ in the post-apocalyptic ice-age movie ‘The Colony’ and starred in the ‘Disney XD/Canada Family Channel’ movie ‘Bunks.’ In ‘Bunks,’ he appeared as ‘Wookiee,’ alongside Dylan Schmid and Emilia McCarthy. Both the movies helped Atticus earn the status of a youth icon in Canada.
- He starred as ‘Andrew Shinky’ in the ‘CBC’ series ‘Young Drunk Punk,’ in 2015. The role earned him a nomination for the ‘Canadian Screen Award’ for the ‘Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Supporting Role or Guest Appearance in a Comic Series.’
- He appeared in the movies ‘What We Have’ and ‘Stonewall’ in 2014 and 2015, respectively. He portrayed ‘Mickey Hess’ in three episodes of the American black comedy/crime-drama TV series ‘Fargo,’ in 2014. The series was inspired by the 1996 film of the same name, written and directed by the Coen brothers, who were executive producers of the series.
- After the movie ‘Stonewall’ and the successful TV series ‘Young Drunk Punk,’ Atticus concentrated on his TV career. In 2016, he made a guest appearance as ‘Garth,’ in four episodes of the series ‘Second Jen,’ produced by Don Ferguson. This was followed by his appearance as ‘Pippin’ in the Canadian space-adventure drama ‘Killjoys,’ in 2017, and as ‘Ensign Sinopoli’ in the American science-fiction TV series ‘The Expanse,’ in 2018.
- He did not want to get stereotyped, and this made him appear in the thriller ‘Darker than Night,’ in which he worked alongside stars such as Erik Knudsen, Melinda Shankar, Paul Popowich, and Bea Santos.
- Atticus Mitchell has proved his potential as a versatile actor who is capable of taking on varied roles on TV and on the big screen. His fans are closely following his personal life and are eagerly awaiting his next release.
- He has appeared in the movies ‘The Colony’ (2013), ‘Bunks’ (2013), ‘What We Have’ (2014), and ‘Stonewall’ (2015).
- He has acted in a number of TV serials and films, including ‘How to Be Indie’ (2009), ‘My Babysitter’s a Vampire’ (2010), ‘Radio Rebel’ (2012), ‘Hard Rock Medical’ (2013), ‘Young Drunk Punk’ (2015), ‘Second Jen’ (2016), ‘Killjoys’ (2017), and ‘The Expanse’ (2018).
- In 2011, Atticus Mitchell was nominated for the ‘Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Supporting Role in a Dramatic Program or Mini-Series’ award at the ‘Gemini Awards,’ for his performance in ‘My Babysitter’s a Vampire.’
- He was nominated for the ‘Canadian Screen Award’ for the ‘Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Supporting Role or Guest Appearance in a Comic Series’ for his performance in ‘Young Drunk Punk,’ in 2016.
- Atticus was inspired by his father’s career in theater and took to show business like his other two siblings. He enjoys listening to music and reading in his spare time. He also loves to travel.
- He is active on social media and has a large fan following. However, he is reportedly single. He is an animal lover and has a pet cat.
- Atticus Mitchell plays the drums with his elder brother, for a local band called ‘The Fishwives’ that performs in Toronto.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed