Andy Fowler Biography
Andy Robert Fowler is a British singer-songwriter and guitarist formerly affiliated with the popular boy band Overload Generation. Since March 2015, he has been a member of another band named RoadTrip. Fowler has been deeply interested in music since an early age. He started his career as a solo artist and later became a guitar player for Harvey Cantwell. After Overload Generation was formed, he joined the group as its fifth member. In time, they garnered a loyal following in the Manchester music scene. In 2015, the group participated in ‘The X Factor UK’ and reached the 15th spot before being eliminated. However, soon after the competition ended, the group disbanded and Fowler concentrated on a solo career for a brief period before becoming a member of RoadTrip.
- Andy Fowler began his music career as a solo artist and later started supporting Instagram and Musical.ly (now known as TikTok) star Harvey Cantwell on guitar. He was briefly a part of ‘Only One Direction,’ an international production and theatre show about the English-Irish boy band ‘One Direction.’
- Fowler joined Ollie Garland (born 28 November 1994, Bristol), Jordi Whitworth (born 27 March 1995, Essex), Ryan Robertson (born 30 January 1996, Essex), and Joey Devries (born 10 August 1994, Wales) to form a group named Overload in October 2014. However, they faced certain trademark issues due to the name and were forced to change their name to Overload Generation.
- They appeared in the season 11 of ‘The X Factor UK’ and were not among the 12 chosen finalists. However, they were later brought back as one of the four wildcards (groups) alongside Jack Walton (Boys), Lola Saunders (Girls), and Stevi Ritchie (Over 25s). Mentored by Irish entertainment manager Louis Walsh, the group was eliminated when they received fewer public votes than solo performer Stephanie Nala following their sing-off and after the result went to deadlock.
- On July 29, 2015, Fowler got together with Rye Beaumont (born 24 January 1996, Bristol), Brooklyn Wyatt (1 October 2000, Essex), Jack Duff (6 July 1999, Ireland), and Mikey Cobban (22 March 1999, Bristol) to set up the boy band RoadTrip. They garnered quick popularity after they covered songs by Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber. In 2017, the group released their debut Extended Play ‘Miss Taken’.
- In January 2015, Overload Generation split up after a public spat among several group members on Twitter. It ostensibly started when Devries left the group following their elimination from ‘The X Factor.’ After Devries, Whitworth quit the group as well, interrupting their plans to release their debut single ‘No, No, No’. He was immediately locked out of the group’s Twitter account, which resulted in a heated Twitter exchange between Whitworth and another band member, Robertson. All the band members received negative publicity because of this online feud.
- Andy Fowler was born on February 16, 1994 in Hazel Grove, Stockport, Manchester, England. He developed a deep interest in music early in his life. His chosen instrument was a guitar.
- Details about his family members, education, and dating life are not known to the media.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed