Yvette Prieto Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Born Country: Cuba
Born in: Cuba
Famous as: Michael Jordan’s Wife
Spouse/Ex-: Michael Jordan
father: Carlos Prieto
mother: Maria Prieto
children: Victoria Jordan, Ysabel Jordan
Yvette Prieto is a Cuban-American model and the wife of NBA legend Michael Jordan. Her husband is an internationally famous retired basketball player, businessman, and principal owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets. Prior to her marriage to the Jordan, Yvette used to work as a model. Beautiful, graceful, and talented, she was one of the best known Cuban American models of her era. Having taken up modelling at a young age, she has modelled for various prominent designers and brands; she has also worked with the world-famous fashion designer Alexander Wang. An outgoing and friendly lady, she first became acquainted with the NBA star Michael Jordan while dancing in a club. Their friendship soon blossomed into love and the two started dating. Eventually they got married in a lavish ceremony that was attended by hundreds of guests. As the wife of a sporting superstar, Yvette Prieto gained even more popularity and is today quite well-known on social media channels as well.
- As a young girl, Yvette Prieto had always been attracted by the glamour of show business and dreamed of venturing into the field. However, on the behest of her parents, she went to college to study business management and started working at her father’s business. After working for a while she realized that this job did not give her much satisfaction and decided to quit it in favor of pursuing her interest in the show business.
- Young, beautiful, and talented, she started taking up modelling assignments and was soon able to establish herself as a much sought-after model. Over the course of her modelling career, she has worked with several famous brands and designers. She is especially known for modelling for the renowned fashion designer Alexander Wang, who is also the former creative director of Balenciaga. In addition to her modelling career, she also appeared as herself in the TV Series Documentary ‘Cuba: An Island Apart.’
- Yvette Prieto was born in March 1979 in Cuba. She studied business management in college. Other than these facts, not much is known about her life prior to her marriage with Michael Jordan.
- Yvette Prieto was once in a relationship with Julio Iglesias, Jr. It did not work out in the long run and the couple parted ways. She first met basketball player Michael Jordan while dancing at a club in 2008. Jordan, who was a divorcee at that time, was smitten by the beautiful young model almost immediately. They started dating soon after despite the fact that Jordan was several years senior to Prieto. Over the course of their relationship, Prieto also became acquainted with Jordan’s three children from his first marriage.
- Jordan proposed marriage to Yvette in 2011. In 2013, the couple got married in a lavish ceremony at Bethesda-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church. The wedding was a star-studded one with popular singers Usher and Robin Thicke performing at the reception. The couple was blessed with twin daughters, Ysabel and Victoria, in February 2014.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed