Tyler Ritter Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Born Country: United States
Born in: Los Angeles, California
Famous as: Actor
Spouse/Ex-: Lelia Parma (m. 2007)
father: John Ritter
mother: Nancy Morgan
siblings: Carly Ritter, Jason Ritter, Noah Ritter
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
education: University of Pennsylvania
Tyler Ritter is an American actor who grew popular after appearing in the sitcom ‘The McCarthys’. Born to a veteran actor, acting came naturally to Tyler. Even at school, he involved himself wholly in high-school productions and films. However, owing to his father’s sudden death, he decided to break away from acting and pursued a degree from University of Pennsylvania. After graduating, he worked as a teacher and taught for three years in Argentina. But, his passion for acting resurfaced and he returned to Los Angeles to embark a career as an actor when he was 25. After initial hiccups, he starred in supporting roles in popular series such as ‘Modern Family’, ‘Grey’s Anatomy’, and ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ He landed his breakthrough when he was cast as the lead of the CBS comedy series ‘The McCarthys’. He played the role for fifteen episodes before the series was cancelled. Since then, he has appeared in a wide array of roles in both TV and film. He was recently seen in TV mystery ‘Arrow’ and ‘The Good Doctor’. Ritter is currently filming for the series ‘A Week in the Life of Milly’, scheduled for release in the coming year.
- Tyler Ritter was exposed to the world of films and entertainment when he was young as his father was a popular actor. He also developed an interest in theatre during his high-school years and took part in plays and was involved in amateur films. However, when Tyler lost his father when he was a teenager, he decided to not become a professional actor. He pursued a degree from the University of Pennsylvania and graduated in 2007. After graduating, he worked as a teacher for three years in Argentina.
- He decided to return to Los Angeles to pursue acting at the age of 25. He made his debut with the TV movie ‘Weekends at Bellevue’ in 2011. Later, he appeared in supporting roles in the shorts ‘Life in Text’ (2013) and ‘Slice’ (2013) and in an episode of the popular comedy ‘Modern Family’ (2013). In 2014, he appeared as Paul Zarr in an episode of ‘Grey’s Anatomy.’ Later in the year, he played the role of Adam in ‘An Evergreen Christmas’, Smith in ‘I’m the Same’, and Marc Rhodes in ‘Work Mom.’ He was also a part of the shorts ‘Go Fish’ and ‘Girlfriend Lies.’ Tyler Ritter landed his breakthrough toward the end of 2014 when he was cast in the lead role of Ronny McCarthy in the series ‘The McCarthys.’ He appeared in fifteen episodes from 2014 to 2015 before CBS cancelled the show owing to mediocre ratings.
- In 2015, Ritter appeared in the guest role of Bart in an episode of ‘Hot in Cleveland’ and later played Thomas Ward in the episode ‘Closure’ in ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Next year, he played several supporting characters. He was first seen in ‘NCIS: New Orleans’ and later in ‘NCIS.’ Afterward, he played the recurring role of Adam Foley in ‘Young & Hungry’ and as Danny in ‘Loosely Exactly Nicole.’ At the end of the year, he was cast as Detective Billy Malone in the adventure crime series ‘Arrow.’ He was seen in six episodes.
- In the next couple of years, he appeared sporadically in TV and film. In ‘Chicago P.D.’, he played the role of Rex Goldwin in the episode titled ‘Last Minute Resistance’ (2017). In ‘The Good Doctor’ (2018), he was cast as George Reynolds in the ‘Empathy’ episode. In the TV movie ‘Playing Dead’ (2018), Ritter was cast as Joe and shared screen space with Clara Lago and Curran Walters. He also was seen as the lead in the mystery thriller ‘Stillwater’ (2018), directed by Nino Aldi. Starring the likes of Carlena Britch and Eric Michael Roy, the movie didn’t perform well at the box office and received mixed reviews. His sole -screen appearance in 2019 was his role in the TV series ‘What Just Happened??!’ in the episode titled ‘Assistant.’ Tyler is currently filming for the TV series ‘A Week in the Life of Milly.’ The series is slated to be released in 2020 and is rumored to star Avital Ash as the leading lady.
- Tyler Ritter was born on 31 January, 1985 in Los Angeles, California to John Ritter and Nancy Morgan. His father was a popular actor and comedian, while his mother is a renowned actress. His grandfather was the country singer Tex Ritter. His grandmother Dorothy Fay was also a popular American actress. Tyler has two siblings: Jason Ritter and Carly Ritter, both of whom are popular actors.
- Tyler Ritter is currently married to the director Leila Parma and the couple has been together since 2007. They met each other when Ritter was working as a teacher in Argentina. In June 2017, Tyler and Leila welcomed their son, Benjamin Parma Ritter, into the world.
- In his spare time, he involves himself in philanthropic activities. He works closely with the John Ritter Foundation for Aortic Health, the charity that was established in his father's memory. He also volunteers regularly with the children’s nonprofit Young Storytellers Foundation.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed