Nicholas Braun Biography
Sun Sign: Taurus
Also Known As: Nicholas Joseph Braun
Born in: Bethpage, New York
Famous as: Actor
father: Craig Braun
mother: Elizabeth Lyle
siblings: Guillaume Rumiel, Timothy Braun
U.S. State: New Yorkers
education: St. Mark's School
Nicholas Joseph Braun is an actor and musician from America. He has garnered fame for portraying Greg Hirsch in the HBO series ‘Succession’. A native of New York, Braun hails from a family of performers and entertainers. He made his acting debut in the 2001 TV movie ‘Walter and Henry’. He subsequently guest-starred in ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’ and appeared in another TV movie, Jace Alexander’s ‘Carry Me Home’, before landing his first cinematic role in the 2005 superhero film ‘Sky High’. He also had memorable roles in films like ‘Princess Protection Program’, ‘Red State’, ‘Prom’, ‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower’, ‘Date and Switch’, and ‘How to Be Single’. On the small screen, he played Cameron James in ‘10 Things I Hate About You’, Cole Waters in ‘The LXD: The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers’, Clyde in ‘Poor Paul’, and Rob in ‘Friend Me’. As a member of the cast of ‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower’, Braun was one of the recipients of the SDFCS Award for Best Ensemble Performance.
- Known for his towering height (6' 6" or 1.98 m), Nicholas Braun had his screen debut in Daniel Petrie’s telefilm ‘Walter and Henry’, in which he got the chance to work with John Larroquette and Kate Nelligan. His next role was in a season three episode of ‘Law & Order: SVU’. In 2004, he played Zeke in the telefilm ‘Carry Me Home’.
- Braun’s first film was the superhero comedy ‘Sky High’, in which he played Zachary "Zach" Braun or Zack Attack, who can glow in the dark. He subsequently made a series of guest appearances in various TV shows before landing the role of the awkward sophomore student Cameron James in ABC Family’s sitcom ‘10 Things I Hate About You’ (2009-10). In 2009, he appeared in the teen romantic comedy ‘Love at First Hiccup’. He also appeared in the telefilm ‘Princess Protection Program’ that year.
- In 2010, he portrayed Cole Waters in the action-adventure film ‘The LXD: The Uprising Begins’ and went on to reprise the role in the sequel web series ‘The LXD: The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers’.
- In the 2011 independent action horror thriller film ‘Red State’, Braun was cast as Billy Ray, one of the three young men held captive by a fanatically conservative church. That year, he also appeared in the comedy-drama ‘Prom’. Between 2008 and 2011, he was one of the two actors who portrayed the character Clyde in the web series ‘Poor Paul’. Braun shared screen space with Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, and Ezra Miller in the 2012 coming-of-age drama film ‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower’.
- Braun and Christopher Mintz-Plasse co-starred in the short-lived CBS series ‘Friend Me’ (2012). In 2014, he starred opposite Dakota Johnson in the teen sex comedy film ‘Date and Switch’. His and Johnson’s extremely believable on-screen chemistry gave way to rumours that they were dating in real life. He and Johnson acted together once more in the comedy-drama ‘How to be Single’ (2016). Some of his other film credits are ‘Chalet Girl’ (2011), ‘The Watch’ (2012), ‘At Middleton’ (2013), ‘The Stanford Prison Experiment’ (2015), ‘Poltergeist’ (2015), ‘Freaks of Nature’ (2015), ‘Whiskey Tango Foxtrot’ (2016), and ‘The Year of Spectacular Men’ (2017). Braun is set to star in the upcoming drama films ‘Zola’ and ‘London Calling’.
- He landed a role in The HBO satirical comedy-drama series ‘Succession’ (2018-present) that revolves around the fictional Roy family, the owner of a global media empire. When the health of the patriarch of this dysfunctional family begins to deteriorate, the rest of the members begin a bitter and hilarious fight for control of the company. Braun’s Greg Hirsch is the great-nephew of the patriarch Logan Roy (Brian Cox).
- Born on May 1, 1988, in Bethpage, New York, USA, Nicholas Braun is one of the two children of Elizabeth Lyle and Craig Braun. His brother, Christopher Deyo Braun, is a musician. His father is an actor, so is his half-brother, Guillaume Rumiel. He has another half-brother, Timothy Braun, who is a producer. Braun is of German, English, Scottish, and Dutch ancestry.
- His parents parted ways in 1993. He was four years old at the time. He was a student of St. Mark’s School, graduating in 2006.
- There have been a lot of rumours linking him to several women. In 2007, he reportedly dated actress Cody Kennedy. There were also speculations linking him to actress Dakota Johnson. In September 2016, he uploaded a picture of himself on social media in which he is seen kissing actor and friend Christopher Mintz-Plasse. This sparked rumours of Braun being gay. However, in the photograph in question, a group with homophobic signs can be seen in the background. Its caption reads the following “ALL LOVE IS GOOD LOVE. Fuck all of the hatred in our world right now. Check the hands tho.” It is likely that the actors kissed each other to undermine the absurd protest behind them.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed