Tabria Majors Biography
Tabria Majors is a plus-size model and social media personality from America. She has accumulated over a million followers on Instagram. A Tennessee native, Majors was not initially interested in a career as a model and worked as a production assistant in Los Angeles, California. However, a talent agency recognized her potential after spotting her on Instagram. She subsequently became a finalist for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. Her early years as a model were filled with struggles, and she had to support herself by working as a maid. Since then, she has emerged as one of the most prominent plus-size models working in the fashion industry today. Majors has worked for brands like Calvin Klein, Victoria’s Secret and Fashion Nova. She is currently represented by Natural Models Management.
- After graduating from college, Majors was employed as a production assistant in Los Angeles. She had no intention of becoming a model at the time. She was active on social media and had garnered a small following. The oldest photograph on her page was posted on May 18, 2012. It is a close shot of Majors herself. A small tattoo of a cross can be seen on her right forearm. In those initial years, her posts mostly involved herself, her friends, and family. Even then, she was concerned about her fitness and posted several photographs of herself doing yoga. She also regularly went to the gym.
- In 2014, a talent agency found her on Instagram and reached out to her. They offered her a chance to be part of ‘Sports Illustrated’ magazine’s Swimsuit Issue. She agreed and eventually earned her place among the finalists for the job, beating out thousands of other competitors in the magazine’s first-ever open casting call.
- After she decided to become a full-time model, she took the decision to quit her job as a production assistant. However, she soon discovered that in order to be a successful professional model, she had to invest a considerable amount of money on herself first. She had to maintain her looks, buy expensive make-up kits, pay for photo shoots, and even support herself in the early years of her modelling career. While she could not hold a full-time job any more, she realized that she could earn some money working part-time.
- She subsequently got a side job, cleaning floors and tables, and earned enough money to keep her dreams afloat. In an interview to ‘New York Post,’ she revealed that whenever she told people that she worked as a maid to make the ends meet, they would look at her with disgust.
- It has been a few years since she has cleaned any floors and tables and recounts that experience with fondness. She has even stated that her time as a maid has made a better and more determined person. She believes that she is more equipped to handle a tough and stressful situation than her colleagues because of her experiences.
- In recent years, Majors has worked with various international fashion brands, including Calvin Klein, Victoria’s Secret and Fashion Nova. She has also done modelling work for Forever 21’s website and was part of many of the magazine’s editorial photo shoots. Besides modelling, she serves as a co-host of an iTunes podcast, called ‘The Thick’.
- Majors still rigorously works out to maintain the certain physique needed to be a plus-size model. In an interview with ‘Health’ magazine, she has stated that she considers her legs to be the favourite part of her body. She has also stated that she is quite strong physically and her legs represent her strength, as well as her femininity as a woman. She also plays racquetball, as the sport helps her to be fit and healthy.
- Majors regards herself to be a sex-positive person. She said in that same interview with ‘Health’ that she embraces her sexuality a lot. She believes that everyone should have the ability to convey it freely.
- One of the ways that she practices self-care is meditation. She meditates every morning and every evening. She believes that it has given her a “nice space of mental clarity”.
- Majors has received some amount of criticism for her body. In the beginning, the negative comments used to affect her, but then she learned how to ignore them completely. To the people who are struggling with body image, her advice is to find one thing they are proud about themselves and focus on that. If they wish to bring changes in their lives, they are free to do so. If they wish to stay the same, that is fine too.
- Tabria Majors was born on 19 March 1990, in Nashville, Tennessee. Little is known about her upbringing. However, her parents have made various appearances on her social media posts. After leaving high school, Majors enrolled at the University of Memphis, from where she graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in music.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed