Dylan Brosnan Biography
Girlfriend: Avery Wheless
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Born in: Los Angeles, California
Famous as: Model, Son of Pierce Brosnan
father: Pierce Brosnan
mother: Keely Shaye Smith
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
education: USC School of Cinematic Arts
Dylan Thomas Brosnan is a model, singer-songwriter, and cinematographer, more famous for being the son of James Bond actor Pierce Brosnan. While it doesn’t hurt to have a Hollywood legend as a father, Dylan has made a name for himself through his own hard work. After being discovered by famous photographer Hedi Slimane, he went on to model for ‘Saint Laurent’ multiple times. He has also been a model for ‘Burberry’ and graced the cover of ‘Elle Russia’; remarkable achievements for someone his age. But his childhood was also mired by pain due to the tragic passing away of his elder sister from ovarian cancer, which impacted him greatly. Dylan studied at the USC School of Cinematic Arts and worked as a production assistant in Poisoning Paradise. The multi-talented prodigy has also been the cinematographer for the short ‘The Young Motivators Club’. In addition to his achievements in the world of fashion, he also holds a major interest in politics and interned for Democratic Senator Ed Markey.
- In spite of being a celebrity kid, nepotism has played no part in Dylan Brosnan’s rising popularity. Being the child of Hollywood megastar Pierce Brosnan, media attention and glamour are no alien things to him. In fact, they might have prepared him for his current spot in the limelight.
- While studying at USC School of Cinematic Arts Dylan started showing inclinations towards politics as well. To this end, he went on to intern for United States Senator, Ed Markey, in the summer of 2013. Although he would not pursue politics as a career after that, it might still be an option at a later point of time.
- In 2014, while enjoying on a beach with his siblings, near their Malibu home, Dylan was spotted by celebrity photographer, Hedi Slimane. His incredible height of 6 feet four inches and naturally dashing good looks immediately earned him an offer to model for ‘Saint Laurent’. On November 20, 2014, the young model made his debut for ‘Saint Laurent’s Men’s Collection Line’. Needless to say, his outing wowed the fashion industry and launched his career.
- Consequently, he had his first major success soon after as he landed a contract with ‘IMG Models’, one of the best modeling agencies in the world. The significance of this signing can only be explained by mentioning just a few other names signed to the agency, including, supermodels, Gigi & Bella Hadid, Alessandra Ambrosio, Noah Mills, and others.
- The young star has since gone on to model for ‘Chanel’ and other major brands. In 2015, he landed ‘Burberry’s Spring/Summer ‘16’ campaign. He enthralled the fashion industry after images of him taken by iconic photographer, Mario Testino, showed up. His images of wearing ‘Burberry’s’ iconic trench coat along with black jeans and boxers showed off his natural charisma. This particularly got reflected in his Instagram account, where he gained thousands of followers, in spite of being not that active. In October 2017, Dylan was featured on the cover of ‘Elle Russia’.
- Simultaneously, Dylan Brosnan has ventured into other territories outside modeling. Dylan was the composer in the short ‘Out Of Reach’ in 2015. In 2018, he continued to divide his time between modeling and working in the film industry. While he has not ruled out acting in the future, he has started his career behind the camera, as a production assistant in the documentary ‘Poisoning Paradise’. He was also the director of photography in the short film ‘The Young Motivators Club’.
- Dylan is also a talented musician and is the singer, songwriter, and musician of the ‘pretend-band’ ‘Raspberry Blonde’. He had been playing guitar and writing songs for a long time and was even a part of multiple bands. But none of the bands were using his songs or music and disillusioned, Dylan started doing everything on his own. The name of the band was suggested by one his ex-girlfriends. He writes his own music and songs and records everything himself in his own studio. He only works with other musicians and bands during ‘Raspberry Blonde’s’ live shows. This has only added to his ever-increasing fame.
- Dylan Brosnan was born on January 13, 1997, in Los Angeles, California, USA, to Pierce Brosnan and Keely Shaye Smith. His mother is a journalist, author and television host. His younger brother, model Paris Brosnan, was born on February 27, 2001. Dylan has two half-brothers, Sean and Chris, from Pierce Brosnan’s previous marriage to actress Cassandra Harris. He lost his half-sister Charlotte, on June 28, 2013, from ovarian cancer. Dylan Brosnan has been in a long-time relationship with artist Avery Wheless.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed