Suho is the stage name of South Korean singer, model, and actor Kim Jun-myeon. In Korean language, Suho means ‘Guardian’. He is also popularly called ‘Sunnouncer’ (Suho+Announcer), ‘Esuhort’ (Suho+Escort), ‘Leader’ and ‘Jun Ma Hao’. He is a member and lead singer of the Seoul based South Korean-Chinese boy band called EXO-K. Since his elementary school days he had a big dream of becoming famous as a singer one day and his dream came true when a casting manager discovered him. A breathtaking journey of stardom started from there and soon he became one of the most popular faces in the South Korean entertainment industry. He has acted in movies like ‘One Way Trip’ and Korean drama series such as ‘The Universe’s Star’, ‘Prime Minister & I,’ etc. He said if not an EXO member, he would have become a teacher. Being extremely romantic, he is quite traditional when it comes to the concept of marriage. He enjoys passionate dates and is very particular about his dream girl. Polite natured and kind hearted, Suho enjoys funk rock and practices hobbies like cycling and playing golf.
- Suho was born on May 22nd, 1991 in Seoul, South Korea. He is the second child of his parents and has a brother who is four years older. His Chinese name is Jin Jun Mian.In elementary school he was the class president and was appointed as the vice-chairman of his high school student body. He was academically brilliant and graduated from the elite Whimoon High School.An S.M. Entertainment casting crew member discovered Suho through street casting. As a teenager he joined S.M. Entertainment as a trainee in 2006. During that time, he and Minho of the South Korean boy group SHINee went to China to learn Mandarin language.He did a cameo role in ‘Attack on the Pin-Up Boys’, a Super Junior (a South Korean boy band) movie in 2007. For TVXQ’s music video for ‘HaHaHa Song’, he appeared briefly with fellow EXO members Xiumin, Chanyeol, and Kai in 2008.He attended the Korean National University of Arts in 2009 and withdrew in 2011. Afterwards he joined Kyung Hee Cyber University with two other EXO members and took arts and culture classes.Continue Reading BelowYou May LikeRecommended Lists:
- In February 2012, Suho was introduced as the tenth official member of the band EXO. EXO is the South Korean all-boy band founded by S.M. Entertainment and they debuted in April 2012.In ‘Saving Santa’, a 2013 Christmas animated movie, he performed in the lead role. He dubbed for the main character called Bernard in the film and collaborated with the artists such as Shin Dong-Yeob and South Korean girl group A-Pink’s Jung Eunji for the soundtrack.He hosted a music show called ‘Inkigayo’ in SBS along with band member Baekhyun, singer Kwanghee and actress Lee Yu-bi in February 2014. He appeared in ‘School OZ’ playing the role of Hans in January 2015 along with other actors managed by S.M. Entertainment. In April that year, he starred in the show ‘Fluttering India’ on KBS, exploring India along with other cast members.In April 2016, the upcoming South Korean-Chinese web drama series ‘How Are You Bread’ was announced with Suho as one of the two leads. For S.M. Entertainment’s music project called ‘Station’, he associated with artists such as Kassy, Leeteuk and Cho Young-soo for the song ‘My Hero’ in June 2016. In July, he and EXO band member Chen collaborated for the title soundtrack of the Chinese movie ‘Beautiful Accident’.Suho and the pianist Song Young-joo collaborated for the single ‘Curtain’ in February 2017. He is also a part of Mountain TV’s documentary called ‘Korea From Above’ along with Xiumin as announced on 29 March 2017.Major Works
- Suho’s film ‘One Way Trip’ premiered at the 20th Busan International Film Festival. He was nominated at the 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards in the category “Most Popular Actor (Film).”He appeared in the main role along with singing the original soundtrack for ‘The Universe’s Star’, a part of the MBC’s drama trilogy called ‘Three Color Fantasy’ in January 2017.Awards & Achievements
- As a part of the band EXO, Suho has won multiple awards including the Asia Artist Daesang Award (Singer) in 2016. Other awards won by the band include Mnet Asian Music Award (Best Asian Style Award) and Japan Gold Disc Award for New Artist of the Year (Asian).Personal Life
- Suho once said that his ideal girl should have long hair, should be energetic and a playful person. He also wants his future partner to have literary interests and enjoy reading. He was rumored to be dating a girl for two years during his school days prior to his involvement with S.M. Entertainment.He is very close to his fellow EXO member Sehun whom he has known for around nine years. They used to share a room together.For some time he dated Jenny Kim who was a trainee with him at S.M. Entertainment. After the news of their link-up, her personal information was leaked in the social media. He was also rumored to be very close to actress Lim Ji Yeon.He supports arranged marriage and believes that one should be very committed to make marriage work. He likes privacy while on dates and prefers light-hearted talks. Being a passionate romantic, he likes to go for a date on rainy days.Trivia
- Suho doesn’t like DSLR cameras much since the snaps taken by such cameras can catch minute details like pimples on face!He doesn’t enjoy watching horror movies and likes to make jokes a lot.He idolizes his Super Junior Hyungs and DBSK Hyungs and is said to be the best in communicating with public amongst all EXO members.‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ is his favorite movie.His most memorable present is an electric piano that his parents gifted him on high school graduation.
How To CiteArticle Title- Suho BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/suho-34276.phpLast Updated- October 05, 2017
People Also Viewed