Simon Konecki Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Born in: New York, USA
Famous as: Husband of Adele
Height: 1.78 m
Spouse/Ex-: Adele, Clary Fisher (ex 2004-08)
father: Andrew Konecki
mother: Rosemary Konecki
siblings: Victoria and Alexandra Konecki
U.S. State: New Yorkers
education: Eton College
Simon Konecki is a British charity entrepreneur who is best known as the husband of Grammy and Academy Award-winning English singer-songwriter, Adele. The ethical bottled water brand ‘Life Water’ is his brainchild which he co-founded with his longtime friend Lucas White to provide a competitively priced ethical alternative in the bottled water market. He also serves as the CEO of its charity arm, drop4drop, which uses donations from bottled drinks companies and individuals to fund projects to provide clean drinking water in developing countries. An ex-investment banker, he was reportedly “appalled by the growing distance between rich and poor”, and was determined to take action against wastage of drinking water and make clean water available to everyone for cheap. Among many celebrities, the charity is supported by comedian Stephen Fry and British actor Sid Owen, his friend for more than 20 years. He has been the inspiration for Adele’s ‘Grammy’-winning album ‘25’. Her song ‘Remedy’ was in part about him, while another song, ‘Water Under the Bridge’ was specifically inspired by their relationship. Her other songs, such as ‘I Miss You’, ‘Lay Me Down’, and ‘Why Do You Love Me’ are thought to be written about him.
- Simon Konecki became a foreign exchange broker when he was only 17 years old. He also served as a director of investment group EBS, a division of trading giant Icap. At the age of 24, he moved to Lehman Brothers, where he managed teams of senior brokers. He left Lehman three years later, in 2005, as he wanted to make a stronger impact on the world with his connections, knowledge, and persuasive personality. He contacted Lucas White, whom he had met while studying in England, and shared with him his idea of forming Life Water. They subsequently raised enough money to launch the company and also set up its charity arm, drop4drop. While he had a successful career as an entrepreneur, he gained widespread media attention after he began dating his future wife Adele in the summer of 2011. Following her throat surgery in December 2011, Adele urged her fans to follow drop4drop charity’s page. In January 2012, the couple was spotted vacationing together in Florida, visiting the Everglades National Park. This sparked rumors of them dating, which created a media sensation and made him the topic of gossip tabloids overnight.
- Simon Christopher Konecki was born on April 17, 1974 in New York, USA to Rosemary and Andrew Konecki. He attended a primary school there, but moved to London at the age of ten. There he attended the prestigious boys school Eton for two years, while his sisters Victoria and Alexandra Konecki attended Roedean School. He earned silly nicknames like ‘The Waterboy’ and ‘Swampy’ due to his long hair and leftist views. He has often been referred to as a Zach Galifianakis look-alike.
- His first marriage was in 2004, to fashion stylist Clary Fisher. They had a daughter in 2007, but their marriage ended the following year. He was reportedly introduced to Adele by British singer Ed Sheeran in 2011, even though Sheeran later denied those rumors in a tweet. It is thought they met during a charity concert she had organized. Adele announced in June 2012 that they were expecting a baby, and gave birth to son Angelo James Konecki on October 19, 2012. While they kept their relationship secret for years, tabloids started speculating about their marriage in early 2017 after they were spotted wearing matching rings.
- Adele first hinted at their marriage during her ‘Grammy Award’ acceptance speech for ‘Album of the Year’ for '25', while she thanked her husband. In March 2017, she clarified her relationship status at a concert in Brisbane, Australia by confirming to the audience that she was already married to him. Adele and Konecki bought a home in East Grinstead, West Sussex, where they live with their son and Adele's dog, Louie. His parents live in a £1 million waterfront house in Boca Raton in Florida. In October 2016, to commemorate their 5th anniversary, he slipped in pink confetti adorned with handwritten love notes after her concert.
- Being in the spotlight has also subjected Simon Konecki to various controversies over the years. After he was spotted vacationing with Adele, some publications reported that their relationship caused his divorce from his first wife. Adele released a statement on her official website to confirm that he was divorced four years earlier. In 2013, they brought a privacy case against a UK-based photo agency for publishing intrusive pictures of their son during a family outing, and accepted damages from the company in July 2014. He was recently criticized for inaccuracies in a mini-documentary posted on his charity's website attacking Rampion Offshore Wind Farm.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed