Sheletta Chapital Biography
Sheletta Chapital is the wife of American actor Anthony Mackie. Anthony is known for his performance as ‘Falcon’ in movies of the ‘Marvel’ franchise. He has also appeared in the ‘Academy Award’-winning film ‘Hurt Locker.’ Despite being a celebrity wife, Sheletta prefers staying away from the media spotlight. Due to this, most of the details about her personal life are shrouded in mystery. Sheletta first came under the media radar after her actor husband confirmed the news of their marriage. He eventually spilled the beans about their relationship and courtship days, after keeping the news a secret for a long time. The two had a low-key wedding ceremony attended by about 150 guests. Sheletta was Anthony's childhood sweetheart. However, they began dating officially much later. They prefer keeping their married life private and have not even revealed their children's names yet. Sheletta rarely accompanies Anthony to any public event or red carpet event.
- Sheletta was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, US. Not much is known about her parents or her early life, as she came under the media spotlight after marrying Anthony.
- Sheletta attended 'Warren Easton Sr. High School,' where she first met Anthony. He was 7 at that time. The actor described their first meeting as funny on 'The Queen Latifah Show.' He stated how he had just joined the school and was taking his time to adjust to the new environment. He first saw little Sheletta with ratty pigtails and skinny legs on Dr. Seuss Day. Anthony was awestruck by her appearance. On 'The Late Late Show with James Corden,' Anthony recalled the fun moments from his school days when Sheletta would take away his pocket money. However, their relationship began 20 years later, when the two met again at a concert. The two were not in touch for a long time. Hence, they were amused to see other. Anthony asked Sheletta for her phone number, and she gave it to him. After years of dating each other, the two decided to take the plunge. Even though Anthony was a celebrity by then, he chose to keep the ceremony simple and intimate.
- Sheletta and Anthony got married on December 17, 2014. The reception was held at the 'Hard Rock Hotel and Casino' in Punta Cana, located in the Dominican Republic. Anthony describes the wedding ceremony as low-key and relaxed. The newlywed couple celebrated the day with golf and drinks. The two soon left for their honeymoon. The media had no idea of the wedding until June 2015, after Anthony confirmed it in an interview with 'People.’
- Sheletta and Anthony have three children, whose names have not been revealed yet. Since Sheletta prefers to stay away from the limelight, she confirmed her marital status by changing her name to “Chapital Mackie” on her 'Facebook' page. To date, Sheletta has been clicked with her husband only a few times, while attending red carpet events, premieres, or her husband's music releases. She is not too fond of attending public events or other Hollywood parties.
- Sheletta paid the bill on their first date, as Anthony himself revealed on 'The Late Late Show with James Corden.'
How To Cite
People Also Viewed