Mary Joan Martelly Biography
Mary Joan Martelly is the wife of former professional boxer and 'Olympic' gold medalist George Foreman. They got married in 1985 and have been together since then. Mary is George’s fifth wife. With Mary, George has fathered five children. Mary has three stepdaughters and two stepsons from George’s previous marriages. George has two adopted daughters, too. Interestingly, all of his sons have been named “George Edward Foreman.” Mary and George have appeared on a reality show dedicated exclusively to George’s life. They have also volunteered for a campaign to raise awareness about the diagnosis of AIDS in children. They volunteered extensively for the campaign in the regions of Houston and St. Lucia. Their efforts were rewarded at an event in 2007.
- Mary grew up in St. Lucia, an Eastern Caribbean island nation. She married George on March 27, 1985. They dated for about a year before walking the aisle. Together, they have five children, namely, Leola, Natalie, George IV, George V, and George VI. George and his children have adorably nicknamed Mary “Joan.”
- George has five more children from his previous marriages. George had four short-lived marriages before he married Mary. He married Adrienne Calhoun in 1971 and divorced her in 1974. His second marriage, to beauty queen Cynthia Lewis, lasted from 1977 to 1979. George married Sharon Goodson in 1981. This marriage lasted a year. He then married Andrea Skeete in 1982. His fourth marriage ended in 1985.
- Mary has three stepdaughters, namely, Michi, Freeda, and Georgetta, and two stepsons, George Jr. and George III. George has two adopted daughters, too. He adopted Isabella Brenda Lilja (Foreman) in 2009 and Courtney Isaac (Foreman) in 2012. Mary and George now live Houston.
- Mary and George live a relatively low-key life. They have mostly kept their private life away from the media spotlight. They rarely make any public appearance together. However, on July 16, 2008, Mary, George, and their children appeared on 'TV Land’s' family-based reality show 'Family Foreman.' This show ran for six episodes and chronicled George’s life as a boxer and a father.
- Mary and George have been actively involved in various AIDS awareness campaigns. They volunteered for a campaign for the prevention of pediatric AIDS. They worked extensively to spread awareness about AIDS in children in both Houston and St. Lucia. In 2007, Mary and George were jointly honored at an event called 'A World of Friends Fighting AIDS' for their contribution to the campaign.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed