Anthony Mackie Biography
Sun Sign: Virgo
Also Known As: Anthony Dwane Mackie
Born in: New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Famous as: Actor
Spouse/Ex-: Sheletta Chapital (m. 2014)
father: Willie Mackie Sr.
siblings: Calvin Mackie
City: New Orleans, Louisiana
education: Warren Easton Sr. High School, North Carolina School of the Arts, Juilliard School
Anthony Mackie, born as Anthony Dwane Mackie, is an eminent American actor. He has appeared in a number of Broadway and Off-Broadway plays, such as ‘Talk’, ‘Black Bottom’, ‘McReele’, ‘Drowning Crow’ and ‘A Soldier's Play’. After making his big screen debut in '8 Mile', he appeared in several other movies. Mackie is best recognized for acting in the films ‘Brother to Brother’, ‘She Hate Me’, ‘We Are Marshall’, ‘The Hurt Locker’, ‘Night Catches Us’, ‘The Adjustment Bureau’, ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’, ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ and ‘Captain America: Civil War’. The American actor has also so-starred in the HBO television movie ‘All the Way’, appearing opposite Bryan Cranston who was portraying his Tony Award-winning role as Lyndon B. Johnson. The movie had been adapted from the play of the same name. Coming to Mackie’s awards and honours, he has won several awards till date. He won an OBIE Award for his performance in the play ‘Talk.’ He received the ‘Black Reel Award’ for the ‘Best Supporting Actor’ for ‘The Hurt Locker.’ He also won the ‘Black Reel Award’ for the ‘Best Actor’ for his role in ‘Night Catches Us.’ Besides these, Mackie has earned multiple nominations for several awards like Gotham Awards, Independent Spirit Awards, NAACP Image Awards and many others.
- Anthony Mackie first played the role of Tupac Shakur on the Off-Broadway play ‘Up Against the Wind’. In 2002, he worked in Suzan-Lori Parks' play titled ‘Topdog/Underdog’ and later on appeared in Carl Hancock Rux's play ‘Talk’. After this, he made his big screen debut in the film ‘8 Mile’. After appearing in an episode of ‘Law & Order: Criminal Intent’, the actor did the TV movie ‘Sucker Free City’ and the films ‘Brother to Brother’ and ‘She Hate Me’ in 2004.
- Soon after, he was cast in the movies ‘The Man’, ‘Freedomland’, ‘Half Nelson’, ‘Heavens Fall’, ‘We Are Marshall’ and ‘Crossover’. In 2008, Mackie performed in three plays at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts: ‘Fences’, ‘Black Bottom’ and ‘Jitney’. The following year, he acted in the play ‘The Bacchae’ as well as in the flick ‘The Hurt Locker’. Then, the American actor was cast as Marcus Washington and Harry Mitchell in the movies ‘Night Catches Us’ and ‘The Adjustment Bureau’ respectively.
- After this, he appeared in a number of films including ‘Man on a Ledge’, ‘Gangster Squad’, ‘Pain & Gain’, ‘The Fifth Estate’ and ‘The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete Kris’. In the year 2014, Mackie was cast in the movie ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’. A year later, he got featured in the film ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’. Following this, he reprised his role of Sam Wilson / Falcon in ‘Captain America: Civil War’ in 2016. The same year he also did the TV movie ‘All the Way’.
- Anthony Mackie was born as Anthony Dwane Mackie on September 23, 1978 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, to Willie Mackie, Sr., and Martha. He has a brother Calvin Mackie who formerly worked as an Associate Professor of Engineering. Mackie studied at Warren Easton Sr. High School, North Carolina School of the Arts and Juilliard School.
- He married his long-time sweetheart Sheletta Chapital in 2014. As of now, the couple has three children.
Anthony Mackie Movies
1. Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
(Action, Sci-Fi, Adventure, Fantasy)
2. Million Dollar Baby (2004)
3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
(Adventure, Thriller, Action, Sci-Fi)
4. Captain America: Civil War (2016)
(Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure)
5. The Hurt Locker (2008)
(Thriller, War, Drama, History)
6. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
(Adventure, Sci-Fi, Action)
7. Ant-Man (2015)
(Action, Adventure, Comedy, Sci-Fi)
8. The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete (2013)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed