Sasha Obama Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Also Known As: Natasha Obama
Born in: Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
Famous as: Daughter of Former US President Barack Obama
City: Chicago, Illinois
U.S. State: Illinois
When we talk of Natasha Obama, popular by her nickname Sasha, the foremost thing that clicks our mind is her rich lineage. That she remained a member of First Family of the US for eight years is a reason enough for her to garner attention. She grabbed much spotlight from media being the youngest child to live in the White House after John F. Kennedy Jr. However, there’s much more that makes this bubbly, energetic and vibrant teenager special and adorable. While in White House, she promoted different causes with her mother, sister and grandmother. The lighter side of this chirpy young girl saw her roller skating across East Room of the White House and keeping Secret Service agents on their toes while enjoying slumber parties with friends in her tree-house on the South Lawn. Tagged along with elder sister, Malia, as one of the ‘25 Most Influential Teens of 2014’ by ‘Time’ magazine, she reigns as "little sister" of the American girl group ‘School Gyrls’
- While living with her family in Chicago, she attended ‘University of Chicago Laboratory Schools’ where she remained busy with studies, tennis, gymnastics, tap and piano lessons. The otherwise usual and care-free life of Sasha weaved within the close circle of family and friends went on for a majestic change in 2009 when she stepped into the White House as the youngest daughter of the newly elected 44th President of the US, Barack Obama. While paparazzi focussed on every move of her family, little Sasha seemed to have enjoyed every moment of it with great élan. She grabbed special attention as the youngest kid to be residing in the White house after John F. Kennedy Jr., who came to reside in White House as an infant in 1961.
- From January 5, 2009 she and Malia started attending ‘Sidwell Friends School’ that was previously attended by Presidential children like Archibald Roosevelt, Tricia Nixon Cox and Chelsea Clinton. Sasha and Malia were named by ‘Time’ magazine among "The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014". Till present, Sasha seems to be following every word of her father, President Obama’s open letter to her and Malia, published prior to his inauguration in ‘Parade’ magazine where he expressed his wish for his daughters and for each child in America "to grow up in a world with no limits on your dreams and no achievements beyond your reach, and to grow into compassionate, committed women who will help build that world".
- The compassionate side of this young girl came to light when she visited Liberia in 2016 during the week June 26 to July 3 with her mother, sister and maternal grandmother, Marian Robinson, and promoted the ‘Let Girls Learn Peace’ initiative. They then visited Morocco where a substantial donation was made in support of providing education to 62 million girls.
- Although she has spent eight years of her life from 2009 to 2017 in grandeur experiencing all the highs amidst tight security, this carefree girl has succeeded to keep her down-to-earth and vibrant attitude making her even more lovable. She along with Malia joined the American girl group ‘School Gyrls’ and soon she became the blue-eyed girl of the group being named the “little sister”.
- She has performed in several charity events, sports events and high school events and has great stage presence. She considers Hannah Montana as one of her greatest inspirations and wants to follow her footsteps in becoming a highly spirited artist. Sasha has never shied away in enjoying every moment of her growing years. She enjoys being a cheerleader, tennis player and basketball player in her school and in August 2016 she started working at a seafood restaurant called Nancy's in Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts.
- Sasha Obama was born on June 10, 2001, in Chicago, Illinois, to Barack and Michelle Obama. Barrack Obama became the 44th President of the US holding office from January 20, 2009 to January 20, 2017. Her mother, Michelle, is a lawyer who remained vice-president of ‘University of Chicago Hospital’. Sasha has one older sister, Malia Ann.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed