Sanni McCandless Biography
Boyfriend: Alex Honnold
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Sanni, Cassandra McCandless
Born in: Washington, DC
Famous as: Entrepreneur
father: Jay McCandless
mother: Leslie Marijke McCandless
siblings: Helena, Laila
U.S. State: Washington
Sanni McCandless is a certified professional life and transition coach and outdoor event planner from Washington, DC. She is the co-founder of 'Outwild,' a community resource hub for people who look forward to leading an outdoor-focused lifestyle. Sanni previously worked for a software company. Soon, she was fascinated by life on the road and decided to become a life coach. She brings people together and gives their lives a positive direction. She helps people overcome their fears, improve their decision-making skills, and inspire them to live a fun-filled and fearless life. Sanni is dating rock climber Alex Honnold, whom she met at his book-launch event. Despite dating a fearless, death-defying climber, Sanni has never been doubtful about the relationship. She supported Alex completely when he climbed El Capitan and also when he previously met with two accidents.
- Sanni was born Cassandra McCandless on June 30, 1992, in Washington, DC. Her parents, Leslie Marijke McCandless and Jay McCandless, are the ‘University of California, Los Angeles’ alumni. Sanni’s mother is a corporate communications specialist, while her father is an electromagnetic engineer. Sanni’s parents own 'Suncastle Microwave LLC,' a California-based company. Most of her childhood days were spent in Washington State and North Carolina.
- The nickname “Sanni” was given to her by her childhood friend, who found her name difficult to pronounce. After graduating from 'East Chapel Hill High School' in 2010, she went to the 'University of North Carolina' (‘UNC’) in Chapel Hill. In 2014, Sanni graduated with a major in psychology and minor in Spanish. In 2012, Sanni joined ‘UNC’s all-female “a cappella “group, 'Cadence,' as its social chair and business manager. Sanni earned her personal life coach certification in 2017 from 'iPEC’ coaching.
- While at ‘UNC,’ Sanni worked as a waitress at 'Carmine’s Ristorante and Pizzeria.' She was an event planning intern at the 'Back Country Land Trust' and executed a fundraising event for a California-based non-profit organization. Later, in 2013, Sanni joined one of the oldest arts councils in the US, the 'Durham Arts Council.' She interned through the 'UNC APPLES Program' and marketed a few events for the council. Following her internship, she was hired to plan the 'CenterFest Arts Festival.' Sanni was the Spanish student leader at ‘UNC’ and taught elementary-level Spanish. All the while, she was working for the Duarte family as a nanny. In 2014, Sanni spent a couple of months in Cordoba, Spain, and worked as a hospitality assistant in 'WorkAway.' She briefly worked at '[email protected]' and then joined 'EnergySavvy' as an events and marketing coordinator.
- Sanni quit her job to explore the adventures of an outdoorsy lifestyle. Her sister coached her on rock climbing and other adventure sports. After a few years into adventurous expeditions, Sanni decided to give entrepreneurship a shot. She became a certified life coach and started her self-titled coaching center. After the initial struggle to get clients, Sanni finally got the hold of the business. She then co-founded 'Outwild,' a resource hub for group events to encourage outdoor and value-driven lifestyles. The idea was conceived after Sanni, her friend Courtney Sanford, and the podcast host and mountain athlete Jeremy Jensen expressed their interest in group retreats. They organize annual fest in an outdoor location and execute motivating events and activities.
- Sanni is also active on various social-media platforms and is an avid blogger.
- Sanni is dating Alex Honnold, the famous rock climber known for his solo ascents of big walls without any safety gear. The two first met in 2015, when Sanni attended the launch of Alex’s book, 'Alone on the Wall.' She was attracted to Alex’s simplicity while he was answering his audience. She gave Alex her number and made a hurried exit. A few weeks later, they went on a date in Seattle, followed by a rock-climbing trip to Switzerland.
- Sanni later moved in with Alex in his van. When not on the road, they live in Alex’s house in Las Vegas. Their relationship was in its nascent stage when Alex was planning one of his major free solo ascents to Yosemite’s El Capitan, a 3,000-foot rock wall. Sanni supported Alex throughout his planning for the death-defying climb. Around the same time, Sanni was featured in the documentary ‘Free Solo.’ Shot by the documentary-making couple Jimmy Chin and Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi, the film is primarily about Alex and his passion. The film also featured his beautiful relationship with Sanni.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed