Ivanka Trump Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Ivana Marie Ivanka Trump, Ivana Marie Trump
Born in: Manhattan, New York City, New York
Famous as: Daughter of Donald Trump
Height: 1.80 m
Spouse/Ex-: Jared Kushner (m. 2009)
father: Donald Trump
mother: Ivana Trump
children: Arabella Rose Kushner, Joseph Frederick Kushner, Theodore James Kushner
City: New York City
U.S. State: New Yorkers
education: Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Georgetown University
Ivanka Trump, is an American businesswoman, television personality, fashion designer, and author. A former executive vice-president of the Trump Organization, she is more famously known as the first daughter of President Donald Trump and is an official senior advisor to the president. Before her foray into politics, she was best known for her fashion and beauty line that promoted the Trump conglomerate. After her father’s election as the President of the United States, she officially stepped down from her role at the Trump Organization and worked advisor to the President in an unofficial capacity. Two months later, she was formally appointed Advisor to the President. Currently, she is seen along with her father at important meetings across the world where Ivanka mostly speaks about policy changes in areas related to women and women entrepreneurship. Ever since Donald Trump assumed presidency, Ivanka has been alongside him in many official visits to countries around the world. Apart from politics, she is actively involved in philanthropy and supports various charities. She has also published a couple of self-help books. She currently lives with her family in Washington D.C.
- Ivanka was born on October 30, 1981 to Ivana and Donald Trump in Manhattan, New York City. Her mother was a model and is of Czech-Austrian ancestry. Her parents divorced in 1992. She has two siblings, Donald. Jr and Eric. She also has a half-brother, Barron, and a half-sister, Tiffany.
- She attended the Chapin School till the age of 15 and thereafter went to the Choate Rosemary Hall in Connecticut. After completing her school education, she took admission in Georgetown University and later shifted to the University of Pennsylvania. She earned a degree in economics and graduated cum laude in 2004.
- She started modelling during her teen years and continued until her college. She was the modelled for Tommy Hilfiger. She also walked the ramp for Versace. She featured on covers of Harper’s Bazaar, Seventeen, and Vogue.
- Born into a family of successful businesspersons, Ivanka was naturally destined to channel her skills in this direction. She joined her family business at The Trump Organization as the Vice-President of Development and Acquisitions in 2005.
- In 2006, she made her TV appearance when she filled in for the judge Carolyn Kepcher in the reality television program, ‘The Apprentice 5’, produced by her father. She eventually joined as the primary judge in the sixth season of ‘The Apprentice’ and its follow-up iteration, ‘The Celebrity Apprentice.’
- Her entrepreneurship skills shone when she formed a partnership with Dynamic Diamond Corp. and subsequently started Ivanka Trump Fine Jewelry in 2007. The brand is currently available in several countries, including the UAE, Qatar, and Kuwait.
- She also launched her own fashion line which includes designer clothes, shoes, and clothes. However, her fashion line has repeatedly met criticism as it was alleged that they copied designs, were harmful to animals, and did not meet the federal flammability standards. The brand was eventually dropped by many stores only to triumph after the election.
- She made several other TV appearances, including hosting the Miss Teen USA Pageant, the documentary ‘Born Rich’, and ‘Saturday Night Live’. She has also written a self-help book ‘The Trump Card: Playing to Win in Work and Life’; ghostwritten by Daniel Paisner, in 2009.
- Donald Trump’s presidential campaign formally began in June 2015 where she publicly endorsed her father. She made public appearances to defend his image. She served the bridge the gap between the section of the population her father ignored, namely women and young voters.
- She started making more appearances in advertisements and was subsequently invited to speak alongside her father in many states. Her speech at the 2016 Republican National Convention was well received and her influence as a more patient individual as compared to Donald Trump was lauded by many.
- After Donald Trump’s elections as the President of the U.S., there were speculations about the role Ivanka would play in the administration. Some pegged that she would be the First Lady as Melania Trump remained in New York to look after her son. However, Ivanka stated she had no such interests. However, she stepped down from her post at The Trump Organization.
- On March 29, 2017, she was appointed as an Advisor to the President. Ivanka takes no salary for this post. She goes on official tours to different countries along with her father.Other Works
- In line with her affinity towards the Jewish religion, she has several ties to Jewish charities. She is closely associated with Chai Lifeline, a charity that primarily looks after children with cancer. She is also involved with United Hatzalah, which is generously supported by Donald Trump.
- Her second self-help book ‘Women Who Work: Rewriting the Rules for Success’ was published in May 2017. The advance payments for this book was donated to the National Urban League and the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, while royalties that would arrive later were earmarked for other charities.
- The official alumni association of the Wharton School of Business affiliated to the University of Pennsylvania honored her with the Joseph Wharton Award for Young Leadership in 2012.
- Ivanka Trump was previously in a relationship with Greg Herch, an investment banker, for four years during college. After the couple split, she started seeing James Gubelmann. They too eventually drifted apart.
- She started dating Jared Kushner, a real-estate developer, in 2005 but the couple separated in 2008 as his parents objected. However, they got back later and married on 25 October, 2009 in a Jewish ceremony.
- Jared and Ivanka have three children, a daughter Arabella Rose Kushner and two sons, Joseph Frederick Kushner and Theodore James Kushner. They have established a family home in Kalorama, Washington to continue their political careers.
- Though raised a Presbyterian Christian, she converted into Judaism in 2009. Her conversion, according to Ivanka, has been a ‘beautiful journey’. She follows a kosher diet and observes Sabbath. She even sent her daughter to a Jewish school.
- She wears her religion on her sleeve and hasn’t been shy to speak about it. Before the elections, she went on a pilgrimage to the grave of Lubavitcher Rebber along with her husband.
- Ivanka Trump put herself up as a prize at an auction on the website Charity Buzz. The estimate was around $50,000 and the prize was ‘to enjoy a cup of coffee with Ivanka either in New York City or Washington DC. All proceeds collected from this auction were scheduled to be donated to her brother’s foundation.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed