Sabrina Carpenter Biography
Sun Sign: Taurus
Also Known As: Sabrina Ann Lynn Carpenter
Born in: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
Famous as: Singer
father: David Carpenter
mother: Elizabeth Carpenter
U.S. State: Pennsylvania
education: The Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School
Sabrina Annlynn Carpenter is an American singer and songwriter. As a young girl, when Sabrina couldn’t even pronounce the words well, she sang ‘God Bless America’. Most people who know Sabrina feel that she is too young to do the kind of music that she’s doing and be taken seriously. The girl, however, is not concerned about that at all. According to her, the ballad ‘Too Young’ describes everything about her and she is only too pleased to be doing what she’s doing. The teen pop artist has a whopping 8.9 million followers on ‘Instagram’, 506,401 subscribers on her ‘YouTube’ channel, 892k followers on ‘Twitter’ and 2029 subscribers on ‘Musical.ly (now known as TikTok).'
- In March 2014, Sabrina’s single ‘Can't Blame a Girl for Trying’ was released by ‘Hollywood Records’, which set the stage for her singing career. The song is the title track of her debut EP of the same name, which came out a month later. The EP got a good response from people and encouraged Sabrina to dedicate herself completely towards music.
- The pretty girl made her full-length studio album debut in 2015 with ‘Eyes Wide Open’, which included the song ‘We'll Be the Stars’. ‘Eyes Wide Open’ won the ‘2016 Radio Disney Music Award’. She has also sung romantic songs like ‘Two Young Hearts’ and ‘Your Love’s Like’. In July this year, the 17-year old released the romantic and upbeat number ‘On Purpose’.
- A guest role in the ‘NBC’ television drama series ‘Law & Order: SVU or Special Victims Unit’ in 2010, kickstarted Sabrina’s acting career. She played Rowan Blanchard’s best friend in the television sitcom ‘Girl Meets World’, a sequel to the hit ‘Boy Meets World’, aired on the Disney Channel two years later. In the television series ‘Goodwin Games’, Sabrina has essayed the role of a young Chloe Goodwin. She is also working on the Disney Channel’s original upcoming movie ‘Adventures in Babysitting’.
- The actress knows her mind well and doesn’t falter from pursuing what she decides to accomplish. Sabrina admits that she is indecisive at times but has learnt to figure out what she wants. The teen writes and sings songs which excite her and match with the way she thinks. Her track ‘We’ll Be the Stars’, which talks about pursuing one’s dreams and being fearless, has turned into an anthem. The pop star tries to offer variety in her songs and hence creates tracks with themes that stem from her own experiences and life, like the ballad ‘Too Young’ and ‘Right Now’ for instance. Sabrina is so immersed in her work that she keeps writing down her ideas wherever she goes all the time, whether it’s on her phone or her notepad.
- Misunderstandings and rift have been a part of most people’s professional lives and Sabrina Carpenter wasn’t spared by it either. There was a controversy that ‘The Girl Meets World - season 4’ was cancelled by ‘Disney’ following differences between Sabrina and her costar Rowan Blanchard. Sabrina though denied the conflict. The ‘Girl Meets World’ star announced about her upcoming album ‘EVOLution’ in early September this year. The album will be unveiled on October 14, 2016. The next day Sabrina also revealed that she would be going on the ‘EVOLution’ Tour.
- Sabrina was born in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania and is the daughter of David and Elizabeth Carpenter. She has two sisters named Sarah and Shannon and a half-sister -Cayla. She went to ‘The Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School’, situated in Pennsylvania. There have been rumors that the teen pop star had been in a relationship with American actor Zachary Gordon between 2013 and 2014. There are also reports that Sabrina dated actor Bradley Steven Perry, but split in 2015. She was also linked to actor Amir Mitchell-Townes for a brief period. Grapevine has it that Sabrina is currently seeing actor Corey Fogelmanis.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed