Ronn Moss Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Ronald Montague Ronn Moss
Born in: Los Angeles, California
Famous as: Actor, Singer
Spouse/Ex-: Devin DeVasquez (m. 2009), Shari Shattuck (m. 1990–2002)
children: Caleb Maudine Moss, Creason Carbo Moss
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
Ronn Moss is an American singer, songwriter, and actor famous as a member of the rock band 'Player'. He is also popular for his dynamic role as the fashion magnate, Ridge Forrester, which he played for 25 years in the popular series‘The Bold and the Beautiful’. Since he was passionate about music from a young age, he formed his own bands as a teenager. In the late 1970s, he formed the band Player with his friends. Signed by RSO records label, Player developed a distinctive, edgy, and melodic rock style. Many of its singles entered the Top 40 hits and some, including the smashing hit single, ‘Baby Come Back,’ entered the Top 10. After the popularity of his band decreased within the record industry, Ronn decided to try his hand at acting. He landed his first film role in ‘Hearts and Armor’, and eventually bagged a role in the TV series ‘The Bold and the Beautiful’, which made him an internationally recognized personality. Ronn has a large fan base in Australia, and in 2006, a campaign was launched to vote him as the Australian of the Year.
- In 1976, Ronn Moss formed the band Player along with fellow singer and guitarist Peter Beckett, guitarist and keyboardist J. C. Crowley, and drummer John Friesen. He himself was the bassist and singer. They started writing songs and rehearsing them in a garage, and eventually attracted the attention of Robert Stigwood, an Australian-born British music entrepreneur, who signed them to his RSO Records.
- In 1978, their single ‘Baby Come Back’ (which was released in 1977), became a smashing hit and peaked at the No. 1 position on the national pop charts. Player was voted the Billboard Magazine’s Top New Singles Artist of 1978. Their follow-up single, ‘This Time I'm in It for Love,’ was also a hit and peaked at No. 10. The band scored several US Hot 100 hits, three of which went into the Top 40.
- Owing to their rising popularity, the band was invited by Eric Clapton to open for him during his 1978 North American tour. Player released many albums in the ensuing years— ‘Danger Zone’ in 1978, ‘Room with a View’ in 1980, ‘Spies Of Life’ in 1981, ‘Lost In Reality’ in 1996, and ‘Two Many Reasons’ in 2013.
- In 1983, Ronn Moss did an Italian movie, ‘Hearts and Armor,’ where he played the role of Ruggero. In 1987, he was cast as Ridge Forrester in the TV series ‘The Bold and the Beautiful’, which made him popular internationally. The show was broadcast in many nations across the globe and thousands became his fans worldwide. He continued to be a part of the series till 2012. In 1987, he also earned critical acclaimfor his theatrical role as Rowdy Abilene in the Andy Sidaris classic ‘Hard Ticket to Hawaii’.
- Ronn Moss, along with his band, toured Australia for two months in 2006. In 2007, he released his solo album, ‘Uncovered’ under Stefano Cecchi Records.
- Ronn Moss was born on March 4, 1952 as Ronald Montague Moss in Los Angeles. At the age of 11, he became passionate about music after watching the Beatles, and began learning to play the drums, guitar, and electric bass. He formed his own bands and started playing in Los Angeles clubs even before he was legally old enough to enter a club!
- Ronn has been married twice. His former wife was Shari Shattuck, whom he married in 1990 and divorced in 2002. He married his present wife Devin DeVasquez in 2009.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed