Robert Davi Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Robert John Davi
Born in: Astoria, New York City
Famous as: Actor
Spouse/Ex-: Christine Bolster (m. 1990), Jan Borenstein (m. 1971 – div. 1980), Jeri McBride (m. 1980 - div. 1990)
father: Sal Davi
mother: Maria Davi
siblings: Michelle Queal, Yvonne Davi
children: Ariana Marie Davi, Frances Davi, Isabella Davi, Nicholas Edward Davi, Sean Christian Davi
City: New York City
U.S. State: New Yorkers
Robert Davi is an American actor cum singer who has performed in over 130 films along with several television shows. He is best known for playing FBI Special Agent Bailey Malone on NBC’s ‘Profiler,’ and is also famous for appearing in the movies ‘Die Hard’, ‘Predator 2’, ‘Showgirls’ and ‘Licence to Kill’. Classically trained as a singer, Davi gained positive reviews for releasing the album ‘Davi Sings Sinatra -- On the Road to Romance’ which ranked at #6 on the Billboard jazz chart. Born in Astoria, Queens, New York, he was raised Roman Catholic alongside his two sisters. He attended Seton Hall and Hofstra University before launching his acting career. Besides being an actor, Davi is an outspoken political conservative who often speaks at Republican Party gatherings. He is associated with several charities including The Dream Foundation, Heart of a Child Foundation, The Humane Society of the United States and UNICO. A father of five, Davi has been married thrice till date. He has won FBI's Man of the Year Award and George M. Estabrook Distinguished Service Award from Hofstra University Alumni Association.
- Robert Davi was born on June 26, 1951 in Astoria, Queens, New York, USA to an Italian American mother Maria and her husband Sal Davi. He had two sisters, Michelle Queal and Yvonne Davi (deceased).
- He studied at a Roman Catholic high school named Seton Hall in New York and later attended Hofstra University which was renowned for its strong drama department. He was also trained under the legendary acting coach Stella Adler.
- Robert Davi made his motion picture debut in 1977 when he shared the screen with Frank Sinatra in ‘Contract on Cherry Street’. He next had a role in ABC’s action/adventure television series ‘The Fall Guy’.
- After an appearance in the adventure-comedy flick ‘The Goonies’ in 1985, he played Michael Riegert in the 1986 series ‘The Equalizer’. Soon after, the actor had a role in ‘Raw Deal’, an action movie about an elderly high-ranking FBI chief who wants to seek revenge from a Mafia organization.
- In the year 1988, Davi was cast as FBI Special Agent Johnson in the action thriller ‘Die Hard’. Made on a budget of $28 million, the film managed to earn over $140 million worldwide. It has been regarded as one of the best Christmas-themed and action films ever made.
- In 1989, the American actor played the role of villain Franz Sanchez in the British spy film and the sixteenth in the James Bond movie series, ‘Licence to Kill’.
- He commenced the next decade with a role in Stephen Hopkins' sci-fi action film ‘Predator 2’. The flick garnered negative reviews and was considered a disappointment compared to its prequel.
- Davi ended the decade with appearances in the TV series ‘VR.5’ and ‘Batman Beyond’. He then lent his voice to the character of Colonel Juan Garcia Cortez in the 2002 video game series ‘Grand Theft Auto: Vice City’.
- In 2002, he starred as Stan in ‘The Hot Chick’, a teen comedy movie about a young girl whose body gets magically swapped with a 30-year-old criminal.
- The actor had a voice role in the video game ‘Halo 2’. He made his directorial debut in 2007 with ‘The Dukes’, a film with a plot related to the economic crisis of the mid-2000. The film starred Davi himself, Peter Bogdanovich and Chazz Palminteri. It premiered at the Rome Film Festival.
- In the ensuing years, Davi featured in a number of movies, such as ‘Kill the Irishman’, ‘Swamp Shark’, ‘The Iceman’ and ‘Blood of Redemption’. During this time, he also released the Christmas song “Mistletoe and Holly".
- After playing Goran Vata in the action flick ‘The Expendables 3’ in 2014, the actor featured in Bob Dylan's music video "The Night They Called It A Day" in 2015.
- In 2016, he replaced the late Jerry Doyle as the radio host for a radio show on Talk Radio Network.
- From 1996 to 2000, Robert Davi portrayed Bailey Malone, a fictional FBI Special Agent in NBC’s crime drama series ‘Profiler’. He reprised the role in the series ‘The Pretender’ as well.
- On October 24, 2011, he released his debut album titled ‘Davi Sings Sinatra -- On the Road to Romance’. The album garnered significant attention from the media, earning positive reviews. It peaked at #6 on the Billboard jazz chart.
- Robert Davi has been married thrice. From 1971 to 1980, he was married to Jan Borenstein. Following his divorce from her, the actor married Jeri McBride. The couple had one child before divorcing in 1990.
- Currently, Davi is married to Christine Bolster, with whom he has four children. However, it is reported that Bolster has also filed for divorce.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed