Roan Joseph Bronstein Biography
Roan Joseph Bronstein is an American actor and the adopted son of former celebrity couple Sharon Stone and Phil Bronstein. Bronstein is a seasoned American journalist and editor well-known as for his work as an investigative journalist and war correspondent. Roan, born to teenage parents, was adopted by Bronstein and Stone when he was just a week old. After the couple filed for divorce, a battle for the custody of Roan followed, which eventually went in favour of Bronstein. Roan evolved into an actor and has featured in the Sharon Stone starrer ‘What About Love.’ He has also appeared in television shows like ‘Entertainment Tonight’ and ‘Biography.’
- The very fact that he was adopted by a celebrity couple was a good enough reason to catapult him into stardom. Garnering media attention and facing the paparazzi and flashbulbs were nothing new for Roan whose adoptive mother, Sharon Stone, is a famous Hollywood diva noted for films like ‘Basic Instinct,’ ‘Total Recall,’ and ‘Casino.’
- Stone and Bronstein got married on February 14, 1998. Following their marriage, Stone suffered from several miscarriages and eventually the couple decided to go for adoption. They also consulted an adoption attorney. In 2000, the couple adopted a week-old boy. He was born to Texas teenagers on May 22, 2000. Stone and Bronstein flew a private jet to Texas to pick up their little bundle of joy. They named him Roan after a seal from Celtic mythology and Joseph after Stone's father, Joseph William Stone II, who was a factory worker, and a tool and die manufacturer. According to sources Stone called Roan her “wonderful, precious little Buddha” and the apple of her husband’s eye.
- In 2001, Bronstein was attacked by a Komodo dragon at the Los Angeles Zoo while on a private tour arranged by Stone. Bronstein had to go through surgery to reattach several tendons in his foot after he was bitten by the dragon on his bare foot. On September 29, 2001, Stone was hospitalized for a subarachnoid haemorrhage that was diagnosed as a vertebral artery dissection. Eventually things went downhill in their relationship following such ups and downs and in 2003, Stone and Bronstein separated. Bronstein cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for filing for divorce. The divorce was finalized on January 29, 2004. Initially both Bronstein and Stone shared joint custody of Roan. This saw the boy shuttling between his parents’ home, flying every three weeks while attending two different kindergartens. This took a toll on the academic performance of the boy, who fell behind in school. Thus, it was decided by Stone and Bronstein that the boy would mostly stay with the latter for the school year. In 2008, Stone lost the custody of Roan. His full custody was given to Bronstein by a judge. The judge felt that Roan’s adoptive father was in a position to provide him with a more “stable” environment. As time passed, Roan came to terms with the divorce of his adoptive parents and started doing well in both school and at home.
- Stone went on to adopt two boys, Laird Vonne Stone, in 2005, and Quinn Kelly Stone, in 2006. On the other hand, Bronstein married Christine Borders in 2006 with whom he has two children. Thus, Roan has now four younger siblings, two each from the sides of Stone and Bronstein. Roan has developed into a young and handsome dude who still bears a mark of innocence in his face.
- The September 17, 2003, aired episode titled ‘Sharon Stone: Fearless’ from the documentary biography television program, ‘Biography,’ featured Roan as himself (photographs). It starred his adoptive parents, Stone and Bronstein, among others. Roan appeared as himself in a 2017 episode of the American first-run syndicated entertainment television newsmagazine, ‘Entertainment Tonight.’ The television program is distributed across the US by ‘CBS Television Distribution.’ He has also appeared in Klaus Menzel-directed upcoming romance drama film, ‘What About Love.’ The film has Stone in a starring role and is in its post-production stage.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed