Richard Porter Dillon Jr.
Nick Name: Ricky Dillon, Junior/Ricky, Dill, Pickle
Sun Sign: Aries
Also Known As: Ricky Dillon
Born in: North Carolina
Famous as: YouTube Star
siblings: Tara Dillon
U.S. State: North Carolina
education: Hoover High School, Alabama. He joined Auburn University, Alabama to study film, but later dropped out to pursue his career in music and song writing.
Smart and humorous, Ricky rose to fame at an early age on a YouTube channel, through videos co-hosted by his friend Shelby. As a kid, Ricky had grown up playing both trumpet as well as tennis in his family home in Tuscumbia, Alabama. When he began recording amusing short clips, he didn’t know this would make him a star in the glittering virtual world. Fortunately, his channel gained 100,000 subscribers in the first six months, which reached up to 3 million within a couple of years. Enjoying his massive popularity as a YouTube personality, Dillon began working on his childhood dream of becoming a successful musician. He uploaded several music videos, personal songs and covers on his channel that entertained public for a long time. He teamed up with Fullscreen, a renowned network of YouTube content creators, to participate in an in-tour festival sponsored by them. He rose to fame with ‘Breaking Out’, a scripted Sour Patch Kids’ web series, thus becoming a famous internet personality.
- Dillon was just another teenage boy with great hopes and dreams for his future, when he collaborated with a YouTube channel. He formed a team with other members to entertain millions of fans, until his group fell out and the channel was disbanded in December 2014.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:His journey to stardom started with the release of ‘Ordinary’, his first debut single in 2014. Thereafter, he released many singles, which grew so popular that they were released to iTunes. Today, he’s famous all over the world for his electronic-based, dance-oriented pop compositions.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Dillon made people groove to ‘BEAT’, his sophomore single and ‘RPD’, his debut EP in 2015. The youngster idolizes Demi Lovato as his music idol. He hinted at Lovato being a major influence on his musical career.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:On December 2015, Dillon made a worldwide announcement regarding ‘Gold’, one of his personal songs which was close to his heart. The song released with a 10-set track in a music album titled ‘Gold’ on 15th January, 2016, winning millions of hearts in the process.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:His biggest breakthrough came in the form of the lead single ‘Steal the Show’ in ‘Gold’, featuring Trevor Moran, Snoop Dogg and Shelby Wadell. ‘Problematic’, yet another popular track by this magnetic boy features Snoop Dogg as the main attraction.Whether we speak of single scores, television, movies, albums, videos or extended plays, the young conjurer has got all of it covered. He never ceases to amaze us with his multi-faceted personality.Continue Reading BelowWhat Makes Him So Special
- One thing that we love about young ‘Dilly’ is he never hesitates to speak his mind out in public. While talking about his new 12-minute video titled ‘My Sexuality’, Dillon hinted at his ‘sexually inactive’ life by referring to himself as ‘asexual’.Ricky has a sensitive side to his personality. He is an active supporter of social causes. In 2016, he switched to veganism and requested his fans to avoid meat and dairy products. He and other young celebrities of his age like Carli Bybel, Harley Quinn Smith and Lohanthony are responsible for motivating their fans to decrease their consumption of animal products.Beyond Fame
- If we ignore the public fan-bashing episode, where Ricky lashed out on his critics since they criticized his song ‘Ignite’ for monotonous cringe-worthy singing, plus for the confession when he came out in public as ‘asexual’, Ricky maintains a low, non-scandalous public profile.Being focused on his goals, he plans to release several other albums in future and looks forward to his upcoming projects. Dillon has also joined forces with Joey Graceffa and Anna Akana for EW’s PopFest, wherein he’ll be participating in pranks, discussions and question-answer rounds.Behind The Curtains
- What is really commendable is Dillon’s ability to separate his personal life from his professional ventures. Not much is known about his family except that he has an elder sister and parents that are equally cool as him.Dillon has recorded the major episodes of his life in his book titled ‘Follow Me’, which is a memoir of all the challenges he had posted on YouTube. He shares new challenges, day-to-day tips and his personal experiences in the book.Trivia
- Ricky Dillon’s parents actually helped him create many of his YouTube videos. In one of his episodes titled ‘Exposing my parents to the internet’, he had a fun Q&A round with them.He met his celebrity idol Kim Kardashian twice and clicked photographs with her. These pics were shared on his Twitter account.In 2015, he interviewed Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence in one of his videos.He went on an international tour with his YouTube supergroup ‘Our2ndLife’, consisting of Trevor Moran, Connor Franta, Sam Pottorff, Kian Lawley and JC Caylen. The trip videos amassed 2.7 million subscribers and became quite popular online. Unfortunately, the group broke up in December 2014.Last Updated : September 17, 2018
Richard Porter Dillon Jr. Fans Also Viewed