Rhea Pillai Biography
Born in: London, United Kingdom
Famous as: Model
Spouse/Ex-: Leander Paes (ex-partner), Michael Pinto (ex-husband), Sanjay Dutt (ex-husband)
father: Raymond Pillai
mother: Dhurreshwar Dhanrajgir
children: Aiyana Paes
City: London, England
Rhea Pillai is a Indian model who is famous for her work in advertising and television. She is the former partner of popular tennis star Leander Paes as well as the ex-wife of Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt. Though Pillai is known as a successful Indian model, she has not been working in the entertainment industry from the past few years. However, she had a minor role in the Bollywood movie ‘Corporate’. Currently she is an instructor at Art of Living, the foundation led by Shri Shri Ravi Shankar. She is also a brand ambassador of many products. Pillai, who is known to be an independent, strong woman, was once honored with the title of ‘Woman of the Year’ on International Women's Day along with Anoushka Shankar, Ritu Beri and Raveena Tandon. This event was promoted by the Indian Television Academy, Asmi Diamonds and Indiatimes, and was conducted to honor people for their social services.
- Rhea Pillai is known to people as a great model. She is also lauded for being a strong and independent woman who lives life on her own terms. Over the course of her modelling career she has modelled for numerous globally popular brands. However, despite her successful career as a model, it is her personal relationships with some high-profile men that have contributed to her international fame.
- In addition to being a model, Pillai is a lifestyle coach as well. She has also tried her hand at acting. In 2006, she played a minor role in the Bollywood flick ‘Corporate’. As of 2017, Pillai serves as a brand ambassador of many high-end products. She is also an instructor at the Art of Living foundation.
- Rhea Pillai was born in 1965 in London, United Kingdom. Her father, Raymond Pillai, was raised Christian by an Anglo-Indian mother and a Malayalam-speaking Nair father. Her mother, Durr-e-shahwar Dhanrajgir was born to a high caste Hindu and a top nobleman of Hyderabad state, Maharaja Narsinghraj Dhanrajgir Gyan Bahadur and his Muslim consort Zubeida.
- Coming to the model’s love life, she was previously married to Michael Pinto, son of Anna Pinto, former Miss India 1962 runner-up. After separating from Pinto just after six months of marriage, Pillai got married to actor Sanjay Dutt and became the daughter-in-law of famous actor Sunil Dutt and actress Nargis Dutt. Unfortunately, Rhea separated from Dutt a few years later. Their divorce became official in the year 2008 and the details of the settlement were printed by the tabloid ‘MiD DAY.’
- According to the sources, the reason of their divorce was attributed to Dutt’s habit of drug abuse as well as his alleged terrorist activities and other crime charges. In 2005, Pillai started a live-in-relationship with tennis player Leander Paes. Through this relationship, they have a daughter, Aiyana. In June 2014, Pillai filed a case against Paes at a local metropolitan court alleging domestic violence.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed