Hazel Keech Biography
Nationality: British, Mauritian
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Gurbasant Kaur
Born in: Essex
Famous as: Wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh
Height: 1.68 m
Spouse/Ex-: Yuvraj Singh (m. 2016)
mother: Viv Keech
siblings: Tina Keech
City: Essex, England
education: Beal High School in Redbridge
Hazel Keech is a British−Mauritian model and actress of Indian origin who has appeared in several Indian films and TV shows in Bollywood as well as regional film industries. However, despite her thriving acting career, she is probably better known for her marriage to Indian cricket star Yuvraj Singh. One of her earliest notable performances was on the Frankfinn Music remix item song 'Kahin Pe Nigahaen'. In 2007, she danced on the item number 'Sei Ethavathu' from the Tamil film 'Billa'. In 2011, she made her Bollywood film debut in a supporting role alongside Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor in the film 'Bodyguard'. In 2012, she performed in the item number 'Aa Ante Amlapuram' from the Hindi film 'Maximum' and the song 'Chal Chal Chal' from the Telugu film 'Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum'. She has participated in the reality TV show 'Bigg Boss 7' and has appeared as a guest on the celebrity dance show 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'. As a model, she has worked with brands such as 'Sprite', 'Vivel', 'Maruti Suzuki' and 'Bharat Matrimonial'. She previously worked on stage and sang in the choir of the West End musical 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat'. She was a dancer on the British programme 'Agatha Christie's Marple'.
- In 2000, at the age of 18, Hazel Keech came to Mumbai for a holiday, which changed the direction of her career fully. She was offered several modeling and acting assignments, following which she decided to pursue a career in India and stayed back. She began her career as an actor and dancer doing small roles in films and television, and appeared on a number of commercials and music videos.
- At the age of 19, she got noticed for dancing in the Frankfinn Music remix item number, 'Kahin Pe Nigahaen', for which she was credited as 'Rose Dawn'. She has reportedly worked as an extra in the first three installments of the Harry Potter film series (2001, 2002 and 2004), and was offered a more significant role in the latter ones, but rejected to fully utilize growing modeling opportunities in India. In 2002, she was part of the team of the Bollywood-themed musical 'Bombay Dreams', with music by A. R. Rahman, for their London promotional tour. In 2007, she was selected to appear in the Tamil film 'Billa', the remake of 1978 Hindi movie 'Don', in which she performed in the item song 'Sei Ethavathu'.
- She got the opportunity to work with high profile actors like Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor in a significant supporting role in the Hindi film 'Bodyguard' in 2011. Two years later, she appeared in the reality TV show 'Bigg Boss 7', but was eliminated a week later. She graced the cover of gadgets and technology magazine 'Stuff India' for its January 2013 issue. While she has been a known face in the Indian entertainment industry for over a decade, she shot to fame after her alleged affair with Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh was published on tabloids in 2015. Both of them are active on social media and are known for their fun and quirky posts.
- Hazel Keech was born on February 28, 1982 in Essex, England. While her father is British, she is quarter Indian by descent as her mother is an Indo-Mauritian Hindu woman whose family migrated to Mauritius from the UP-Bihar belt. Her grandmother is Brahmakumari. As such, she is quite acquainted with Indian culture and used to celebrate Diwali as a kid. She has an older sister named Tina Keech. While attending Beal High School in Redbridge, London, she performed in stage shows and learned to dance. Among the various dance forms she was taught were Indian classical, British dance and Western contemporary.
- Speculations of Hazel Keech's relationship started long before the two made it official. Considering that Yuvi had previously been linked to Bollywood actresses Kim Sharma and Deepika Padukone, when he was spotted with Hazel, the media was quick to make a romantic link-up. Following the marriage of his team India colleague Harbhajan Singh, it was reported that the roka ceremony will occur in November 2015, which Yuvi mocked on social media. It was later revealed that the two actually got engaged on November 12, 2015. Yuvi's manager, as well as Hazel, confirmed their engagement at a private event soon after pictures of them vacationing together were released. The two got married in a simple ceremony at Baba Ram Singh Ganduan Wale's dera in Duffera on November 30, 2016. During the wedding ceremony, she was given the name Gurbasant Kaur by Sant Balvinder Singh. It was followed by another ceremony following Hindu rituals in Goa on December 2, 2015 as well as a grand reception in New Delhi on December 7, 2015.
Hazel Keech Movies
1. Billa (2007)
(Action, Thriller, Romance)
2. Dharam Sankat Mein (2015)
3. Bodyguard (2011)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed