Regina Lasko Biography
Regina Lasko is the wife of popular American TV host David Letterman, who is known for hosting the talk show 'Late Night with David Letterman' and other such shows. He has hosted 'Late Night with David Letterman’ for over a decade. Regina and David got married in 2009, after a courtship of around 20 years. They did not reveal anything about their marriage plans even after their son was born in 2003. Everything was blissful between them until David was accused of having affairs with his female crew members. Though David had announced his marriage with Regina on his show, it was his on-air apology to her that brought their marriage under the spotlight. He sincerely confessed to having affairs and accepted that he had hurt Regina a lot. However, none of that could disturb the harmony they had between them. Regina formerly served as a unit manager for the seventh anniversary special episode of her husband’s show. Additionally, she assisted the production of two popular TV shows, namely, 'Another World' (1964) and 'Saturday Night Live' (1975).
- David was already in a relationship with American author Merrill Markoe when he started dating Regina in February 1986. However, he later broke up with Merrill to continue his affair with Regina. The two then continued dating each other for around 23 years, and everyone thought that they would never marry. Meanwhile, Regina and David became parents on November 3, 2003, when their son, Harry Joseph Letterman, in North Salem, New York. Nevertheless, they finally got married on March 19, 2009, in a secret courthouse civil ceremony in Choteau, Montana. Their marriage was officiated by Pete Howard, known as ''Justice of the Peace.''
- David announced the wedding on his show and also explained why they took so long to get married. He also revealed his secret belief that many married men admired him while he dated Regina. Unfortunately, their marriage faced issues in its first year itself, after David was accused of having extramarital relationships with several female employees of his show. In September 2009, David and Regina found a package with a note left in their car. It was later revealed that one of David's assistants on the show, Stephanie Birkitt, had blackmailed him. He had threatened to reveal all his affairs to the public and had asked for a ransom of $2 million. A production staff named Holly Hester, too, claimed of having a relationship with him. Moreover, Regina had to tolerate a schizophrenic woman named Margaret Mary Ray, who would continuously stalk David.
- David apologized to Regina on October 5, 2009, through a segment of his show, and admitted that his behavior had hurt Regina to the core. He also said that he was ready to go to any extent to fix the damage caused to their marriage. Despite all the negative news about her husband, Regina had never spoken against David. She apparently let go of her husband's past affairs to maintain peace in her married life.
- Regina was born on November 20, 1960, in the US. Not much is known about her parents or her early life. She gained prominence in the media only after her husband's scandals were revealed.
- Regina's son escaped an unsuccessful kidnapping attempt when he was just a few months old. The investigation on the matter revealed that it was their former domestic staff Kelly Frank who had planned it to demand a ransom of $5 million.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed