Racheal Lynn Woodward, popularly known as RaeLynn, is an American country singer and songwriter who drew public attention when she participated in the reality talent show ‘The Voice’ season two and finished third. While she was eliminated in the final battle, she still managed to leave an impression on the judges. Nominated for several awards including the Academy of Country Music and CMT Music Awards, she signed with the Republic Nashville label in 2012. After working with the label for a while, she would later sign deals with Valory Music Co. and Warner's Nashville arm. In her career so far, she has collaborated with many popular celebrities and has written songs with Natalie Hemby, Jon Randall, and John Wiggins. Her single, ‘God Made Girls’ became a “Top 10” hit. She released her first EP, ‘Me’ through Valory Music Co.; it also became a hit. Her debut album, ‘WildHorse,’ was released in 2017.
- RaeLynn sang for the first time at the church when she was a child. When she was 11, she started singing country songs. In 2012, she participated in the television singing competition show, ‘The Voice’, and was selected for Blake Shelton's team. She sang ‘Hell on Heels’ by Pistol Annies for her audition and impressed the judges. Although both Adam Levine and Blake Shelton wanted her on their team, she preferred Blake’s team. She won the Battle Rounds by singing ‘Free Fallin'. She sang her single ‘Boyfriend’ at the show, which later charted on Billboard's singles chart. She finished third in the show.
- Her presence at the ‘The Voice’ exposed her talent to a widespread audience and opened several opportunities for her. Soon, she signed a recording deal with Republic Nashville in 2012, and a publishing contract with Dr. Luke's Prescription Songs in April 2013.
- Her debut single, ‘Boyfriend,’ was released in 2012; it reached the 32nd position on the Billboard country chart and sold 27,000 copies in the debut week. Her hit single, ‘God Made Girls’ was released on July 1, 2014. On December 2, 2014, she sang ‘God Made Girls’ on the season seven of ‘The Voice’. The single reached the 7th position on the country chart and was certified gold by the RIAA.
- The two singles, ‘Boyfriend’ and ‘God Made Girls’ were also included in her debut EP, ‘Me’, which was released on January 13, 2015 by Valory Music Co. It debuted at number 49 on the Billboard 200 and number 7 on the Top Country Albums chart. It sold 5,500 copies in its first week. Her single ‘For a Boy’ was released on March 23, 2015.
- Though she recorded her debut album with Valory Music Co., she eventually parted ways with them and signed with Warner's Nashville arm, which released the album, ‘WildHorse,’ on March 24, 2017. ‘WildHorse’ reached the ‘Top 10’ list on Billboard’s All-Genre Album Sales chart and debuted at number 1 on the Billboard Country Albums chart.
- In 2018, she deviated from her forte, and released a modern pop single, ‘Festival’. Her next single, ‘Queens Don't’ was also a pop/rock song. In addition, she has co-written several songs, including one with Miranda Lambert called ‘Lie.
- RaeLynn was born on May 4, 1994 in Baytown, Texas, the USA. She graduated from high school in 2010. Even before completing her high school education, she was determined to pursue a career in music. As a young girl, she put in considerable efforts to develop her songwriting skills. She has an elder brother, Jake, who was a part of a rock group called Leeland.
- When RaeLynn was 12 years old, she was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. She was initially treated at Texas Children’s Hospital. Now at the age of 24, she knows how to manage her disease. She also started The RaeLynn Diabetes Fund to support people with diabetes.
- In October 2015, RaeLynn got engaged to Joshua Davis, a financial advisor. The following year, on February 27, 2016, they got married. In 2017, her husband enlisted in the military.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed