Luke Benward Biography
Girlfriend: Olivia Holt
Sun Sign: Taurus
Also Known As: Luke Aaron Benward
Born in: Franklin, Tennessee
Famous as: Actor
father: Aaron Benward
mother: Kenda Benward
siblings: Ella Benward, Gracie Benward
U.S. State: Tennessee
Luke Benward is an American actor and singer. He started as a child actor, and performed extremely well in several movies and TV shows. Benward is best known for his performance as Billy Forrester in the children’s comedy film, ‘How to Eat Fried Worms.’ Benward was naturally inclined toward acting and singing as his father was a singer while his mother was an actress. He started his acting career at the age of seven, with a role in the movie ‘We Were Soldiers.’ With the character Billy Forrester, Benward gained popularity as a child actor. He continued to be active in the profession, during his teenage years too. He appeared in several TV movies, such as ‘Minutemen,’ and ‘Cloud 9.’ Benward had a recurring role in ‘Good Luck Charlie’ and ‘Still the King.’ Luke Benward is an accomplished singer too. He has released a music album, ‘Let Your Love Out.’ Benward was also associated with the Christian music group, ‘iShine Live,’ for a short time. He has tried his hands in modeling, and has appeared in several commercials for brands like ‘McDonald’s,’ ‘Willy Wonka,’ and ‘American Express.’
- Luke Aaron Benward was born on May 12, 1995, in Franklin, Tennessee. His father, Aaron Benward, is a musician. He is a part of the music duo, ‘Blue County.’ His mother, Kenda Benward, is an actress, model, and acting coach. Benward’s grandfather, Jeoffrey Benward, is a musician quite proficient in contemporary Christian music. Benward has two younger sisters - Ella and Gracie.
- Benward has English, German, and Scots-Irish ancestry. Born into a family of performers, young Benward was exposed to entertainment industry, quite early in his life. He displayed his talents in singing, acting, and dancing, from his childhood days.
- In 2002, Luke Benward began professional acting as a child actor. He grabbed the role of David Moore in the American war film, ‘We Were Soldiers.’ It was directed by Randall Wallace. The movie was based on the real life incidents given in the book, ‘We Were Soldiers Once...And Young,’ written by Lieutenant General Hal Moore. In the same year, Benward was offered a part in an episode of the comedy series, ‘Family Affair.’ In 2005, Benward played ‘Steven Dewberry,’ in the comedy-drama movie, ‘Because of Winn-Dixie.’ It was directed by Wayne Wang.
- The 2006 film, ‘How to Eat Fried Worms,’ where he appeared as ‘Billy Forrester,’ made him a star. It was a children’s comedy film directed by Bob Dolman. Billy, the protagonist of the movie, was a kid who had a weak stomach, and was prone to frequent vomiting. The movie told the tale of a school challenge where ‘Billy’ was required to eat worms without vomiting. Benward performed the role exceptionally well. He won the ‘Young Artist Award,’ for the ‘Best Young Ensemble in a Feature Film.’
- In 2008, Luke Benward portrayed the role of ‘Charlie Tuttle,’ in the ‘Disney Channel Original Movie,’ ‘Minutemen.’ It was a science-fiction movie that attracted more than six million viewers in its opening week. ‘Charlie’ was one of its main characters. He was a genius teenager, but had been declared as an outcast in the school. Benward excelled in the role. In the same year, Benward starred in the movies, ‘Mostly Ghostly,’ and ‘Dog Gone.’
- In 2009, Benward released his music album, ‘Let Your Love Out.’ It was an extended play record, and had five songs. It was released by the music label, ‘iShine Music.’ Benward toured with the Christian music group, ‘iShine Live,’ for a brief period. In 2010, Benward starred in the movie, ‘Dear John.’ It was a romantic drama movie directed by Lasse Hallstrom. In the movie, Benward portrayed ‘Alan Wheddon,’ a boy who suffered from Asperger’s Syndrome.
- In 2012, Benward starred as ‘Ryan Dean’ in the ‘Disney Channel Original Movie,’ ‘Girl vs. Monster.’ In the same year, he was seen in the sitcom, ‘See Daddy Run,’ as ‘Matthew Pearson.’ In 2013, he made a recurring appearance in the sitcom, ‘Good Luck Charlie,’ which was aired on the ‘Disney’ channel. The series was about a family which was struggling to adjust to the birth of their fourth and fifth children. Benward played ‘Beau Landry,’ who was an employee in the company owned by one of the protagonists, ‘Bob.’
- In 2014, Benward starred in the TV movie, ‘Cloud 9,’ where he portrayed a professional snowboarder, ‘Will Cloud.’ It was a sports-drama movie, directed by Paul Hoen. The movie was telecast on the ‘Disney’ channel. In the same year, he starred in the TV series, ‘The Goldbergs,’ and the movie, ‘Field of Lost Shoes.’
- In 2017, Benward appeared in the recurring role of ‘Lloy Danderson,’ in the comedy series, ‘Still the King.’ In 2018, Benward portrayed Jack Strong, in the comedy movie, ‘Life of the Party.’ He also appeared in the movies, ‘Dumplin’ and ‘Measure of a Man.’
- Luke Benward has performed in several music videos. He made guest appearances in the music videos, ‘Concrete Angel,’ by Martina McBride, and ‘That’s Cool,’ by ‘Blue County.’ Benward has appeared in the commercials for brands such as ‘Nintendo,’ ‘McDonald’s,’ and ‘Willy Wonka.’
- Luke Benward is single. He is not known to be in any relation. He loves video games, and is a huge fan of ‘Star Wars.’ He loves football and music too. He is an admirer of Beatles, Bruno Mars, and Eminem. Benward is currently living in Los Angeles, with his family.
- While auditioning for ‘Because of Winn-Dixie,’ Benward performed with a tooth-pick in his mouth. The director loved this oddity, and selected Benward for the movie.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed