DJ Diddy Biography
Anwar Gavilanes, popularly known as DJ Diddy, is an American DJ and social media influencer. Born and raised in Bronx, Anwar was inclined towards a musical career at a young age. While studying in college, he threw huge parties and enjoyed hosting and selecting the music. It was then he decided to pursue a career as a DJ. He earned his slice of fame in 2014, when he was just 17 years old, after opening for the popular artist Lil Uzi Very at the Life in Color Festival. He was immediately noticed for his talent by other personalities and hip-hop musicians. Since then, he has accompanied many musicians on tours and opened their sets. Initially focused on hip-hop and EDM, DJ Diddy has now diversified his work to suit an open format genre. He has also performed at international venues in Germany, France, Lebanon, and Russia. Apart from entertaining packed audiences at house parties and nightclubs, Diddy has collaborated with popular hip-hop artists such as A Boogie wit da Hoodie, PnB Rock, Juice WRLD, and 6ix9ine. Apart from DJ-ing, Diddy is also popular as a social media celebrity on Instagram, where he has over 283,000 followers. As an influencer, he has worked with many indie brands such as Fashion Nova Men. Currently, he is on tour across the country and has various events scheduled for the coming few months.
- DJ Diddy is one of those successful millennials who made it big through social media and hard work. While studying in college at Kean & Rutgers University, Diddy enjoyed throwing massive parties. The charged atmosphere, the thumping music, and the general vibe gave him a sense of calling, and he knew that he wanted to pursue the very same career. It was then that he decided to become a professional DJ and started focusing on making his dreams come true.
- He was only 17 when he received his first breakthrough in 2014. He opened for the artist Lil Uzi Very at the Life in Color festival at Atlantic City. This proved to be greatly successful, and more opportunities landed his way. Though Diddy initially focused on hip hop and EDM, he started expanding his collection and turned to open format style of music. His consistency earned him the attention of many celebrities and music personalities, who then offered single acts with him. Since then, he has never had to look back.
- Today, he is referred to as the ‘youngest celebrity DJ in the world’. After appearing at the Life in Color festival, DJ Diddy embarked on international tours and was seen spinning to packed audiences in Germany, France, Lebanon, Russia, and Israel. He has collaborated with artists such as A Boogie wit da Hoodie, PnB Rock, Juice WRLD, and 6ix9ine, among others. More recently, he was seen performing at packed venues in Hartford, New York, Miami, Morgantown, and Worcester. Currently, he is busy touring the tri-state area and hopes to keep working at the same pace and energy. He is currently managed by Joey Lavish, who plans his tours and events.
- Apart from a successful career as a young DJ, Diddy has also made a name for himself as a social media celebrity. Though relatively new to YouTube, he has over 65,000 views for his concert videos. On Instagram, he has over 280,000 followers and is constantly flooded by likes and comments. As an influencer, he also sponsors and endorses brands on Instagram. He is popular for using the hashtag #GetAssGang. He was recently associated with the apparel company Fashion Nova for Men as one of their social media ambassadors. In the future, he hopes to become an even bigger name and work with the best in the industry. He has upcoming concerts in popular venues such as Sherman Theater, The Chance Theater, and One Center Square.
- Anwar Gavilanes, popularly known as DJ Diddy, was born on July 28, 1997, in The Bronx, New York and was raised in New Jersey. He hasn’t revealed any information about his parents or his early childhood. He is currently not in a relationship and has not mentioned any relationships from the past either.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed