Radhika Dhopavkar Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Born in: Mumbai
Famous as: Wife of Ajinkya Rahane
Height: 1.62 m
Spouse/Ex-: Ajinkya Rahane (m. 2014)
father: Nandkumar Dhopavkar
mother: Anuja Dhopavkar
City: Mumbai, India
education: Vinayak Ganesh Vaze College
Radhika Dhopavkar is the wife of Indian cricketer Ajinkya Rahane. Both of them have been childhood friends. She gained public attention following her marriage to the cricket star in September 2014. She can often be seen supporting her husband during his tours and visiting exotic places with him when he is not on team duty. She is reportedly interested in interior designing and has pursued several courses on the topic. However, whether she wants to have a career in the field is not known. While she gained celebrity status thanks to her husband's cricket fame, she is a social media star in her own right and currently boasts of 252k followers on her Instagram account.
- Radhika Dhopavkar rose to fame all of a sudden after her name started to make the headlines of tabloids as well as national news publications after her marriage to Indian cricketer Ajinkya Rahane was announced. As it was an arranged marriage, tabloids began regretting the opportunity to cover their budding relationship, but soon after their marriage, pictures from their wedding ceremony and reception overflowed news articles covering the event.
- Following the marriage, she made her first public appearance during an Indian Premiere League game sporting a Rajasthan Royals team jersey to support her husband from the stands. Thanks to the curiosity around Ajinkya Rahane’s personal life, she stays under continuous media coverage. She can often be spotted in stylish avatars either supporting her husband during his matches, or spending time with him, her friends, sister and niece. Apparently, the rather shy woman doesn't mind the attention as some of the pictures she herself shares on her social media accounts which have gained sizeable fan following. While her Instagram account is primarily filled with pictures and stories of her vacationing or spending quality time with her husband, other interesting pictures from her profile include one in which her husband can be seen making efforts to prepare chapatis for dinner. She can also been seen with Ritika Sajdeh, who is married to her husband's teammate Rohit Sharma.
- Radhika Dhopavkar first met Ajinkya Rahane when both of them were studying in school. They had a conversational friendship throughout their childhood days, but were not very close at the time. While they were from the same neighborhood, both of them were extremely shy in youth, which further reduced their interactions. Their love story is often mentioned in the tabloids as one of the most uncomplicated ones because their marriage was arranged by their parents and family members. Reportedly, their family members got an inkling that they might have developed feelings for each other, and asked if they wanted to marry and be together forever, to which they both agreed.
- The duo got married on September 26, 2014 in a grand Marathi marriage ceremony. It was followed by a wedding reception at the MCA, which was attended by all the who's who of the cricketing fraternity including cricketers and BCCI officials. While prior to their marriage she was never spotted by the paparazzi partying or spending time with Jinks, as her husband is known in the dressing room, media outlets now easily access pictures of her and her husband vacationing together, which she shares on her social media accounts. While she is more regular about keeping her fans updated on her personal life, her husband, who is usually less active, shared a picture of them with a sweet message on their first marriage anniversary.
- Radhika Dhopavkar was born on April 10, 1991 in Mumbai, India, to Nandkumar Dhopavkar and Anuja Dhopavkar. Her father previously worked in the merchant navy, but is currently into tourism business and serves as the head of operations for Aatithya Hospitality Pvt. Ltd. Her mother also serves as the Executive Director (Operations) in the same company. She has a sister named Shreya who often features in pictures from her Instagram account. While she was a pampered child, she grew up learning quintessential Maharashtrian values and was taught to be soft and gentle. She completed her graduation from Vinayak Ganesh Vaze College, which is a part of Kelkar Education Trust.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed