Nupur Nagar Biography
Nupur Nagar is the wife of Indian cricketer Bhuvneshwar Kumar. She began her career as an engineer in an MNC in Greater Noida. She gained popularity after Bhuvneshwar revealed his relationship with her on his Instagram account in late 2017. They two got married on November 30, 2017 in Meerut, the same day former pacer Zaheer Khan tied the knot with actress Sagarika Ghatge in Mumbai. She is known to be a creative person and likes to keep a low profile. She also mostly avoids social media presence, even though she often appears on her husband's social media feeds. Apart from the pictures of their engagement or wedding ceremony, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar has also shared with his fans images from their family dinners or vacations with family or friends from the cricketing field, including Ishant Sharma and Mohammed Shami.
- Interestingly, Nupur Nagar suddenly became the centre of media attention in early 2017 even before anyone saw her or heard her name. On May 11, 2017, Bhuvneshwar Kumar posted a cropped picture of himself from a dinner date on his Instagram account with the caption "Dinner date full pic soon", which created insatiable curiosity on social media about the identity of his girlfriend. However, it would takes fans about five more months to actually get to know his lady love. On October 3, 2017, he posted the full uncropped picture of the dinner date on his Instagram account with the caption "Here’s the better half of the picture @nupurnagar." The media once again went on frenzy to uncover the identity of the girl in the picture, but the linked Instagram account being private, the process proved to be difficult. However, Bhuvneshwar kept fueling the curiosity with updates on his engagement and upcoming marriage on his social media.
- Apart from various news reports, there were also posts from other team India members either congratulating them or teasing Bhuvi. For instance, Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan lamented in a post that another of his teammates would turn into a ‘joru ka gulam’, to which the fast bowler replied saying “that is called love”. By the time their engagement was revealed to the media, she had already graced a huge number of news headlines covering many such details about the relationship and the upcoming marriage.
- Nupur Nagar and Bhuvneshwar Kumar both lived in the same neighborhood in Ganga Nagar, Meerut. They became childhood friends after they met for the first time when she was 11 years old and he was 13. They spent a lot of time together while growing up, and became best of friends, often having fun together and pulling each other's legs. The two finally got engaged on October 4, 2017 at a private event in Greater Noida attended by close friends and family members. Bhuvneshwar shared pictures and video of the event on social media. According to his father, the two families knew each other for some time, but it was Bhuvneshwar who first expressed his interest in marrying his childhood friend Nupur, to which both the families agreed.
- In an interview before their marriage, Nupur said that Bhuvi first proposed to her through a text message over a game of question-answers, following it up with another proposal over a phone call, and was finally able to gather the courage to propose face-to-face. She also mentioned that as best of friends, they often change roles as required and share the responsibility of taking decisions.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar had announced that the wedding will take place during the India-Sri Lanka Test series. He took leave after playing the first test of the series in November and the two subsequently tied the knot at a low-key event on 23 November 2017 in their hometown Meerut. There was a small reception in Meerut, which was attended by Suresh Raina and Praveen Kumar, who are also from the same state and were out of national duty at the time. He reportedly hosted another reception for his India teammates on November 30, 2017. The star-studded grand celebration was held on December 5 in New Delhi.
- Nupur Nagar was born in 1991 in a middle-class family from Ganga Nagar, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh. Her father Yashpal Singh Nagar is a retired police officer, while her mother is a homemaker. After her father's retirement, the family moved from Meerut to Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. She went to school at J. P. Academy in Meerut. She completed her bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a private institute in Noida. After completing studies, she joined an MNC in Greater Noida as an engineer.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed