Peta Wilson Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Peta Gia Wilson
Born in: Sydney, New South Wales
Famous as: Actress, Model
father: Darcy Wilson
mother: Karlene White Wilson
siblings: Rob Wilson
children: Marlowe Harris
Partner: Damian Harris (1997–2002)
City: Sydney, Australia
education: Actors Circle Theatre
Peta Wilson is an Australian actress, model, and designer. She is best recognized for playing the role of Nikita in the television series ‘La Femme Nikita’. She has also guest-starred in a number of TV shows, such as 'Strangers', 'Highlander', 'Jonny Zero', 'Two Twisted', 'CSI: Miami' and 'The Finder'. As far as the actress’ work on the big screen is concerned, she has contributed to numerous films including 'Mercy', 'Superman Returns', 'Gardens of the Night', 'Beautiful,' and ‘'The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen’. In addition, Wilson has done a handful of short films as well, the popular ones being 'One of Our Own', 'Errand boy' and 'Liberator'. She has also served as a model in the past. Her famous modelling projects include posing in underwear for the October 1997 issue of the ‘Details’ magazine. Talking about Wilson’s awards and honors, she received the ‘Best Actress Award’ at Cinerockom International Film Festival for ‘Liberator.’ Besides this, she has earned a Gemini Award nomination, a Saturn Award nomination and an OFTA Television Award nomination for her performance in ‘La Femme Nikita.’
- Peta Wilson started her career as a model in Australia and Europe. She then appeared in small roles in the independent films ‘Naked Jane’ and ‘Loser’ as well as in the TV shows ‘Strangers’ and ‘Highlander’. She was then cast as Nikita in the series ‘La Femme Nikita’ in 1997. Three years later, the actress did the erotic thriller film ‘Mercy’. Soon after this, she played Alex in the mini-series ‘A Girl Thing’. Then in 2002, she portrayed the character of real-life actress Anny Ondra in the TV movie ‘Joe and Max’.
- Wilson appeared in the role of a vampire in the superhero action flick ‘The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen’ in 2003. After this, she starred in two episodes of ‘Jonny Zero’ in 2005. The following year, she had a minor role in the film ‘Superman Returns’. The Australian actress also made a guest appearance in an episode of ‘Two Twisted’ that year.
- She appeared in the movies ‘Gardens of the Night’ and ‘Beautiful’ in 2007 and 2009 respectively. In 2010, Wilson played Genie in the short film titled ‘Errand boy’. The same year, she appeared in an episode of ‘CSI: Miami’. She was then cast as Marla Criswell in the short film ‘Liberator’. In 2017, the actress appeared as herself in the TV documentary ‘Michael Hutchence: The Last Rockstar’.
- Peta Wilson was born on 18 November 1970 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Her father, Darcy Wilson, is a former Warrant Officer of the Australian Army and her mother, Karlene White Wilson, is a caterer. Her parents separated in 1982. Wilson studied at an all-girls Catholic school.
- She was once in a love relationship with English director Damian Harris. The couple lived together from 1997 to 2002 before separating. Wilson and Harris also have a son, Marlowe Harris-Wilson, who was born in February 2002.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed