Nessa Diab Biography
Sun Sign: Taurus
Born in: California, USA
Famous as: Radio & Television Personality
Spouse/Ex-: Colin Kaepernick
U.S. State: California
education: BA in Mass Communication (University of California, Berkeley)
Nessa Diab is an extremely talented American radio and television personality who made her way to the hearts of people with her sheer creative geniuses and influential style. Born during the Gulf War days, Nessa’ fate turned when she moved to the U.S. for a degree in Mass Communication. The opportunity allowed her to break free from her war-impinged early years and come out as a superstar in her own right. While studying at UC, Berkeley, Nessa first bagged a show on the WILD 94.9 KYLD airwaves. Ever since then, there was no looking back for the spirited girl who climbed up the ladder of success, one at a time. The magnum opus of Nessa’s already successful career came in when she bagged a primetime show at San Francisco’s Wild 94.4’s ‘Nessa’s Night Show’. Taking her success story further, she clutched an appointment at the New York City’s iconic Hot97, to become ‘The Voice of New York’. She even has served as the host of several popular American television shows. In 2015, Nessa was invited to the United Nation’s celebration of ‘Women’s History Month’ to talk about the status of women in media.
- Nessa Diab’s journey to being a renowned American television and radio personality and a television host has been an interesting one! A talented girl who was already into writing music and remixing songs since early on, she started interning with Clear Channel as part of the promotional team.
- Simultaneously, she even began working on a news show on WILD 94.9 KYLD. Not the one to be satisfied easily, Nessa grabbed another show on POWER 106 KPWR called ‘West Coast Report’. With this, she became a handful of the lot who was concurrently an on-air personality in the two largest radio markets on the West Coast. Nessa then changed her home station from WILD 94.9 to ENERGY 92.7 in San Francisco but she returned to WILD 94.9 for station’s overnight show during weekdays. Nessa next bagged a weekday night show for 101.5 JAMZ in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Manoeuvring her way through the radio ranks, her next stop was for San Francisco’s Wild 94.4 primetime radio show ‘Nessa’s Night Show’. The show proved to be the biggest breakthrough of her career. Her celebrity interviews helped her rise to prominence not just on San Francisco airwaves but also on YouTube. Such was the admiration and appreciation that MTV offered her the opportunity to host the popular TV show ‘Girl CodeM’.
- Nessa’s career peaked to meteoric heights in 2015 when she replaced Angie Martinez on the drivetime slot on New York City’s iconic Hot97, thus becoming ‘The Voice of New York’. As a jockey in one of the biggest and most influential hip hop stations in the world, Nessa’s popularity rose ten-folds. Currently, she also serves as the host of The Nessa Show on Host 97, which airs on the radio station WQHT KMVQ. Besides her successful radio career, Nessa has also hosted the television shows, such as ‘Ain’t That America’, ‘iHeartRadio Music Festival’, ‘VH1 Big Morning Buzz’, ‘Teen Mom Aftershow’, and ‘Real Talk’.
- Nessa Diab was born on May 6, 1981 in Southern California. She was raised as a Muslim by her Egyptian father and Middle Eastern mother. She has two brothers. Due to the nature of her father’s job, the family shifted base to Saudi Arabia when Nessa was young. However, they travelled frequently in and out of California.Born at a time when the Middle East was embroiled in Gulf War, Nessa, since an early age, had a first-hand experience of the war and the tragedies that resulted out of it. She wore gas masks to school. War sirens, bloody combats, gory battlefields and innocent death was the environment that Nessa grew up in. It was due to this that she wanted to break out of this lifestyle and breathe free. Nessa got the chance when she enrolled at the University of California, Berkeley for a degree in Mass Communication.
- Moving to the U.S. was the stepping stone for Nessa’s career graph and eventual life as a campaigner and activist. However, much before her career had kickstarted, Nessa was into creating music and writing songs. She even remixed music. In fact, much before officially being in radio, one of Nessa’s remixed songs, ‘Rydaz’ of the Destiny Child song ‘Soldier’, was played on air. On the romantic front, Nessa dated Aldon Smith before getting to a relationship with football quarterback Colin Kaepernick in July 2015. It was almost a year later in February 2016 that they made their relationship official, publically announcing in media.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed