Nate Maloley Biography
Nick Name: Sk8, Skate, Skate Maloley
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Also Known As: Nathan Montgomery Maloley
Born in: Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Famous as: Rapper
father: Monte Maloley
mother: Kami Maloley
siblings: Kaylan (elder sister), Stewart (younger brother)
U.S. State: Nebraska
City: Omaha, Nebraska
education: Hastings College
Nathan Montgomery Maloley, or as he more popularly known, Sk8 or Skate Maloley, is an America rapper, songwriter, and music producer whose fame has transcended from social media to the mainstream. He first began to gather a following on Vine, where he started uploading videos on March 23, 2013. As a singer, his debut single, ‘Little Bit’ was featured in the 2015 movie, ‘The Chosen’. He set out on his first headlining tour to promote his mixtape ‘Skaterade’ in early 2016. He was also part of the 2016 Digitour. He has released three other full length album mixtapes till date: ‘Twenty-Fifteen’, ‘Maloski’, and ‘Late 2 The Party’. He has also released multiple singles. His collaboration with ‘Jack & Jack’ produced ‘Like That’, which debuted at no. 36 on ‘R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart’, while ‘Maloski’ reached the 31st spot on ‘Rap Albums’ tally. He has also collaborated with the likes of DJ Rupp, Chance the Rapper, Rae Sremmurd, and Derek Luh. At present he is not affiliated with any record label and prefers to release his music on SoundCloud. Skate is very active on social media, and has created a personal relationship between himself and his fans. His Instagram and Twitter accounts have 871K and 602K followers respectively.
- Growing up in the American Midwest, Skate was as normal as any other boy with a deep love for music. He went to Papillion-La Vista Senior High School in Papillion, Nebraska, and played basketball for the school team. Around this time, his life changed forever when he attended a Wiz Khalifa concert. He fell in love with the Hip-Hop music. After graduating from high school, he enrolled into Hastings College in Nebraska to play basketball, but left within a year and moved to Los Angeles, California, to pursue a career in music. Even in the early years of his career, he built a solid fan base on Vine, often collaborating with childhood friend Sammy Wilk (born Samuel Wilkinson). They have worked together on several tracks, including the popular ‘Where Art Thou’. The track has more than a million views on YouTube. Some of his other popular tracks are ‘Let You Down’, ‘LifE’, and ‘Passion for Fashion’.
- In February 2016, Skate and Luh started trending worldwide on Twitter, and not for the right reasons. During a sold-out performance at their ‘Skaterade Tour’ show at ‘Webster Hall’ in New York, they were involved in a vicious, bloody altercation with the venue’s security team. According to reports, it all started when Skate was warned not to smoke marijuana by the security, but he and his team did it anyway. The audience members were ordered out of the venue which led to some angry fans getting into a scuffle with the security. Skate tried to step in and defend his fans, but suffered multiple injuries in the process. As people watched in horror, the guards fell upon Skate and started to kick him while he was on the ground trying to cover himself. After the police arrived, a defiant Skate smoked a blunt out on the streets with his fans. While his injuries were minor, Luh’s were serious enough to be taken to hospital. Skate issued an apology on Twitter, “Sad a sold out show had to end like that. It’s love for my family and my fans to the death. We ride together. One Love.” A few days after the incident, he released ‘Webster Hall’, a song about the incident.
- Born on January 17, 1995, in Omaha, in the state of Nebraska, USA, Skate has Lebanese-American ancestry. His father, Monte Maloley works for an insurance company, while his mother, Kami is a travel consultant. Skate has two siblings, an elder sister, Kaylan, and a younger brother, Stewart, who writes and sings original rap tracks, and posts them on his own SoundCloud account. Sometime in late 2016 Skate started dating Instagram model Analicia Chaves, who is also known online as Ana Montana. In an interview to VladTV, he said the Chaves has “added a lot of structure to his life.”
- Skate has quite a few tattoos, including a bible verse (Colossian 3:23) on his right biceps, the word ‘family’ written in Arabic above a diamond on the inside of his right wrist, and a wooden cross over his heart, just to name a few in his ever-growing collection!
- Skate was nominated for Teen Choice Award under the category of ‘Next Big Thing’ in 2015. He lost to Bea Miller.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed