Myles Erlick is a popular Canadian actor, dancer, and singer best known for his role in the teen drama series ‘The Next Step.’ Since his mother owned and operated an acting academy, he was given professional training in acting, dance, and music from a young age. He is musically talented and plays piano, harmonica, acoustic guitar, and drums. He started participating in dance competitions when he was four years old and won some titles as well. His stage career began at the age of 11, and he shot to fame with his popular character Billy Elliot on the Broadway musical of the same name. His audition for the role of Billy Elliot was quite tedious and stretched over several months. Over a period of time he ventured into television as well. His popular onscreen appearances include the TV series ‘The Next Step,’ short film ‘Sing Along,’ and the film ‘The Next Step Live: The Movie’. He also runs a popular YouTube channel—Myles Erlick—which has hundreds and thousands of subscribers. Many of his videos have gone viral and his success as a YouTuber even led to a featured performance on ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show.’
- Myles Erlick was born on July 27, 1998, in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. His elder brother is Tyson, and his younger brother is Kingsley. He studied in Canadian Martyrs Catholic School and Dr. Frank J. Hayden Secondary School, and was good at academics.From a tender age, he has been learning dancing and singing. He was only three, when he got interested in performing, and joined his mother Franci Nicassio’s acting academy, Stars Academy for the Performing Arts. His mom was his acting teacher in his early years.He also joined dance and music classes, and later added drama to his studies. He took training in Jazz, lyrical, Acro and classical ballet. He started participating in dance competitions at the age of four, and won the titles of Mr. Mini Dance Canada in 2007 and Mr. Jr. Dance Canada in 2009.Myles auditioned at the prestigious Canada’s National Ballet School, and was accepted for the 2009-10 school year. In December 2009, he appeared in a school production named ‘Nutcracker’, where he danced through his roles of a rich boy, a chef, and a guard.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Prior to his professional acting career, Myles Erlick had performed in several local and regional musicals like ‘Beauty and the Beast,’ ‘Annie Jr.,’ ‘Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat,’ and ‘High School Musical.’ His professional debut was in the Toronto production of ‘Anne of Green Gables’ in May 2009, as a child of Avonlea.In October 2010, he portrayed the title role in ‘Billy Elliot the Musical’ in Chicago, becoming the 6th boy to play the role in the show. The audition process for BETM had been long and tedious for Myles. He appeared for audition in early 2009, when he was a ten-year-old. It was an open audition in Toronto, and he was the youngest of the ten boys who auditioned that day.After the audition, he didn’t hear from the BETM creative department for a long time. Finally, he heard from the children’s casting agent Nora Brennan, and was invited to audition for Billy Elliot once more. This time, the audition ran for 12 hours over two days.Next, he was invited to New York for five more days of audition, where he had intense auditions in vocals, dance, gymnastics, and acting. After a long wait, he finally heard good news from the BETM team, and was offered the biggest role of his career till date.In July 2010, he headed for Chicago with his mother and brother. He then completed three months of rigorous training and rehearsals, which prepared him for the role. He was trained in singing, jazz, tap, gymnastics, ballet, choreography, script memorization, and speaking and singing with a northern England Geordie accent.Myles Erlick quickly became popular as Billy Elliot. Soon the show moved to Broadway, one of the biggest stages in the world. Erlick made his Broadway debut on the Great White Way on September 24, 2011, where he performed the role of Billy 14 times before the show closed on November 13, 2011. In all, he played Billy 89 times combined in Chicago, Toronto, and New York.In 2011, he also portrayed a small role in the TV series ‘Flashpoint’. He was featured in the blockbuster movie ‘The Hulk’ as well.Continue Reading BelowHe is also well known for his portrayal of Noah in the hit TV show ‘The Next Step’, which started airing in 2013. It is a Canadian teen drama series, shot in a dramatic mockumentary style. It focuses on a group of dancers who attend The Next Step Dance Studio.The same year, he was also featured in a film called ‘Sing Along.’ It is about a sheltered boy who had a dream of starring on Broadway, and how he survives life by imagining the world as a musical. Myles also starred in ‘The Next Step Live: The Movie’, which features exclusive dance footage from the series ‘The Next Step’, as well as live performances and exclusive interviews with cast members.In 2013, he was featured in ‘We Are Not Here’, a short film about a small derelict town, waiting for a road. It highlights the life of the town and its residents.In 2017, Myles will participate in ‘The Big Ticket Concert’, which will be organized for the first time in the UK by Disney Channel and Girl Talk. He will also feature in ‘The Next Step—Live On Stage’, a show for the fans of dance and the hit show ‘The Next Step’. Jordan Clark and Trevor Tordjman will choreograph the new concert performance.Major Works
- ‘Billy Elliot the Musical’ is the most successful work of Myles Erlick. Besides him, the other five boys who played Billy are Peter Mazurowski, Lex Ishimoto, Kylend Hetherington, Joseph Harrington, and Marcus Pei.The TV series ‘Flashpoint’ is another noteworthy work of Myles. Although the role was small, he was noticed for his portrayal. It is a Canadian drama series that debuted on the CTV Television Network. In the US, the series was aired on ION Television.Myles Erlick’s portrayal of Noah in ‘The Next Step’ is won him much appreciation from the audience. The show was created by Frank van Keeken and produced by Temple Street Productions. It was premiered by Family Channel in 2013, and has the largest audience of any original series aired on the channel since its launch in 1988.Awards & Achievements
- In 2014, Myles Erlick was nominated for Young Artist Award in the category Best Performance in a Short Film—Young Actor (13-15) for his role in ‘Sing Along’.He won the Solo for Best Dancer 2015. As a top three senior best dancer pick, he recompeted his solo at the dance off at The Dance Awards New York 2015.In 2016, he was again nominated for Young Artist Award in the category Best Performance in a TV Series—Recurring Young Actor (14 - 21) for his role in ‘The Next Step’.Personal Life
- Myles Erlick maintains privacy about his dating life and relationships. He is rumored to be gay, but, it is unverified.
How To CiteArticle Title- Myles Erlick BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/myles-erlick-33169.phpLast Updated- June 29, 2017
People Also Viewed